First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know this is a General forum, I am just posting for the most users to see it.
I have mentioned in another post in the Suspension forum that I had recently put the eibach pro kit on my car. I like it but my car now makes creaking noises when I turn the wheels either way at very slow speeds. It does not happen at greater speeds.

My car is going back into the shop for a 2nd realignment post 3000km's. I have scoured the internet all over different car forums seeking information on this issue. It goes from having to accept it, to bumper stops, to many other different causes but with no consistency. I bring my car in Wednesday and as of now they are going to reassess the bump stops and see about cutting them.

Again, the sound is creaking when turning the wheels at slow speeds.
I would really like to hear from someone who could provide me with some solid information to a solution.
Sponsored

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Curious.. When i go here I see several "pro kit" related products.. https://www.tirerack.com/suspension...d=AL!3756!3!353274021598!e!!g!!eibach pro kit

Which kit did you actually install? Lowering springs? Shocks/Springs? Shocks, springs and sway bars?

If it was a kit that did change out any rubber bushings, bump stops, sway bar brackets etc for a harder material, often made from Delrin, squeaks are not uncommon. OEM units have to make so many compromises to keep out noise, vibration and harshness. Aftermarket systems tend to be less focused on such issues and buyers of such components are often willing to compromise some NVH for the improved performance characteristics.

Alignment? so, i assume the kit was installed and perhaps an alignment done and now after some use there is a follow up alignment to make sure the settled suspension is still ok? That sounds normal to me.

OP
OP
ryry

ryry

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pro Kit springs, springs only.

No squeaks, specifically creaking sounds.
Not sure this qualifies as noise and harshness of the ride.

Yeah, alignments.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So did the shop cut the bump stops or is that TBD? That would be the easiest thing to try.

My bigger concern would be if they damaged something when installing the springs? I know people have torn CV boots, pulled out the driveshaft, etc. when trying to drop the strut. I'm sure you went to a reputable shop, but still it would suck if they're giving you the runaround...

OP
OP
ryry

ryry

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They did not.
I researched all the possible causes I found online and sent them to the shop.
A long story and a little misunderstanding but the noise was not caught until after the check up at when I picked up my car I went over it with them.

They said it was not right. Plan was to reassess when I did my follow up alignment.
He asked in the meantime if I would look around for some ideas online....which I did.

So I sent in the list and the bump stops was one thing that stood out for him.

So I expect they will do it on Wednesday.

I did go to a reputable shop. It is the first time going to this shop (but also my first time changing the suspension on my car)
had my first alignment all in the green column, but the noise was there from the beginning.

jtamase

the.xth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX Hatchback; 2016 Pilot LX
Country flag
I know this is a General forum, I am just posting for the most users to see it.
I have mentioned in another post in the Suspension forum that I had recently put the eibach pro kit on my car. I like it but my car now makes creaking noises when I turn the wheels either way at very slow speeds. It does not happen at greater speeds.

My car is going back into the shop for a 2nd realignment post 3000km's. I have scoured the internet all over different car forums seeking information on this issue. It goes from having to accept it, to bumper stops, to many other different causes but with no consistency. I bring my car in Wednesday and as of now they are going to reassess the bump stops and see about cutting them.

Again, the sound is creaking when turning the wheels at slow speeds.
I would really like to hear from someone who could provide me with some solid information to a solution.
I posted a video on this thread. Check if that's the same sound. I haven't found any solution for it either but I'm betting the springs are just settling in.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/swift-spring-noise.36291/

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Your springs are very aggressive and tight; you are going to experience noise from other suspension components. Might just be originating from the end links.
I will wager that the sound does not disappear while you still have those springs.

OP
OP
ryry

ryry

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my mechanic who instaled pro kit said he had to disassemble front twice and use lube, no sounds from my pro kit...

OP
OP
ryry

ryry

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the replies and help. It turns out it was the bump stops that needed to be trimmed. The creaking sounds are all gone.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks for the replies and help. It turns out it was the bump stops that needed to be trimmed. The creaking sounds are all gone.
I'm glad your problem is solved, although personally I'd be really rattled after all this time and stress to find out that the shop ignored the instructions that came with the springs and did things their way. As long as you're happy now though!

jtamase

the.xth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX Hatchback; 2016 Pilot LX
Country flag
that’s great — mine is still there, and it’s only making that sound when stationary though. Hoping that it’s really nothing.
Sponsored