FordoGreenman

First Name
Stephen(f*)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT AT, 2018 Honda Civic LX Sedan CVT
Country flag
Let me preface by saying I did look around for quite a while on the forum, trying to find a reference of my subject-matter.. but there was just so much to take in, lol!

With that said..
I was curious as to what my new-ish car might benefit from in upgrades/mods. Now... I'm not looking to get the 'big gains' by any means, especially considering I understand I went with one of the 'comfort' trims. I just want a little something here, and there.

More, or less.. I'm looking to kind-of 'concrete' the performance I already have, with maybe a little edge up, assuming the upgrade happens to give that as a byproduct; I'm obviously not going to complain, if so.. :)

If you haven't already looked at my cars list, I'm referring to the LX Sedan CVT trim. Now.. I already love the car as is.. Coming from the 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT AT with what I like to call.. Manual-Nearly-Break-Your-AT-By-Forgetting-To-Upshift-Mode-When-You-Accidentally-Activate-It (peaking out behind the civic in my pic) I really can't complain about anything with this Civic.

I got it used with 6500 Miles (Lease Car); only some interior door panel damage (dog claw marks) next to the back-side of where the driver-side window meets the panel .. > think dog looking out of the window, with front paws on the edge of the panel furiously jumping, and barking at passersby.....and a few clear-coat scratches on the exterior.
Clean as can be.. runs/drives like brand new etc..

Basically, I'm looking for some future additions; say once I need to get the ol' hands dirty and fix/maintain something under the hood.

Anywho - I think you get the gist of what I'm asking.. I already realize Wheels/Tires/Accessory upgrades are an easy answer, but I'm looking more into the suspension, maybe headers/exhaust etc.. Just a little fine tuning..something that will add some more character, or just an over-all good upgrade/mod in general.

Any suggestions, or thoughts?
All opinions welcome, of course.

Cheers!
-Steph.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
My basic list for you:

Power
KTuner tune, CAI

Handling
Upgraded rear sway bar, lighter wheels, grippier tires

Aesthetics
Unity Performance side markers, rear lip spoiler

Pistl_Pete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
While it wont keep you busy for long but, I highly recommend swapping the halogen headlight bulbs for LEDs, or HIDs. They make a world of difference over the poor stock bulbs. Other than that I think GTman is spot on

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Install lowering springs or coilovers if you have the budget.

A larger opening front grille will help with engine temp.

Don’t forget upgrading your intercooler if you’ll be doing more spirited driving.

OP
OP
FordoGreenman

FordoGreenman

First Name
Stephen(f*)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT AT, 2018 Honda Civic LX Sedan CVT
Country flag
Nice! I appreciate the suggestions.

I'm slightly surprised a KTune was on the list TBF - I have read mixed opinions on whether or not tuning the CVT trims were worth it; or even safe for the CVT itself.. But looking back at what people said, it's most likely what I said it was..opinions.

Don't remember if I had mentioned, this is my first CVT driven car. I'll say, I'm not really partial to any form of trans overall, but I honestly like the CVT, just as much as the slightly aggressive Tiburon I was driving. Alleged ~180HP.. though, with it's age, and myself being the 3rd owner with no prior car knowledge..probably like 165 I would wager - it was a fussy car sometimes, lol.
.. The Civic still feels just as quick/sporty, even not being considered a 'Sports Car' .. more like a platform damn near asking for one little tune up to have some pretty good fun. But I digress...

.. GTMan seems to have hit the sweet spot in what I had in mind. Really nice spread of solid mods/upgrades. Again, appreciate the input!

Feel free to drop any tips - I still feel I'm learning something new, in one way or another, every day with this LX. Lovin' it.

Cheers!
Sponsored