Any SONIC GRAY PEARL's in Texas at MSRP?

phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Country flag
Hi,

This is my first post. :)

I'm looking to purchase a 2019 type R.

Round Rock Honda has a red one at MSRP. Looks great, but I'm digging the sonic grey pearl.
First Texas Honda has a black and grey type R both with a $5k mark-up....no thanks...

If anyone knows of a dealer charging MSRP (or less) for a grey type R....send me a PM. ;)

Thanks
Sponsored

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
Hi,

This is my first post. :)

I'm looking to purchase a 2019 type R.

Round Rock Honda has a red one at MSRP. Looks great, but I'm digging the sonic grey pearl.
First Texas Honda has a black and grey type R both with a $5k mark-up....no thanks...

If anyone knows of a dealer charging MSRP (or less) for a grey type R....send me a PM. ;)

Thanks
You can do a search in the Nice Dealers thread, also do a search for the spreadsheet that lists dealers and if they sell at msrp or not, and contact information. You can start there to get some info of dealers to call and see what they have coming in and get on the wait list if they have one.

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
do a search like with car gurus???

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
I can at least say they have been showing up in Texas dealerships. There's a guy here in forum (from NTX) that got one local I believe. Good luck with your search. Any color (including CW) is a roll of dice when it comes to the CTR and which dealership's willing to play nice.

OP
OP

phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Country flag
Jesus, this can be a beat down process :(

The majority of places that got back to me have an ADM fee.
I had one dealer state that they don't discuss prices over the phone (sounds like a prehistoric 1980's car selling approach)
Nearby dealer had one for $42k. I submitted a best offer at the sticker price. I get an email that we are close regarding the price and for me to stop in. They call me 4 hours later...a lot of back and forth...BACK to $42k. :confused:

I'm on the verge of just buying the red one at round rock at msrp.

scoobysnack

First Name
no
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 Volvo C30, 2009 Infiniti G37
Country flag

I had one dealer state that they don't discuss prices over the phone (sounds like a prehistoric 1980's car selling approach)
Nearby dealer had one for $42k. I submitted a best offer at the sticker price. I get an email that we are close regarding the price and for me to stop in. They call me 4 hours later...a lot of back and forth...BACK to $42k. :confused:

Just dont be surprised when the red one at round rock is either above MSRP or MSRP plus $5K worth of accessories. These dealerships say they'll sell at MSRP just to get you in the door.

jinderC

Incredibly depressing that dealers are still jacking up the prices over list.
WTF...

OP
OP

phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Country flag
I'll bore you guys with an update :)

I found a dealership willing to do msrp for sonic gray...issue...it's 1100 miles away from me. :(

I'm tempted to fly and drive...but damn it's a whole lot of driving. Anyone else make this kind of drive?

zakarybeach

First Name
Zakary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si - Sedan
Country flag
Incredibly depressing that dealers are still jacking up the prices over list.
WTF...
Yeah, sorry to be newby here, I dont have a Type R, so i dont follow the drama. But is this super common??? For dealerships everywhere to price it over MSRP? Blows my mind tbh. Supply and demand? Do people pay that??? I am confusion.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just dont be surprised when the red one at round rock is either above MSRP or MSRP plus $5K worth of accessories. These dealerships say they'll sell at MSRP just to get you in the door.
So true. Wasn't shopping a CTR but a CR-V for my wife and gotten a "sweetheart" offer from a dealer near me. Went there and found out they neglected to tell me about the additional "accessories" that jacked up the price of the vehicle. I basically hassled with them for hours to honor the price they quoted MINUS the accessories. Royal PITA.

sokrispy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Have you considered having the car shipped? I couldn’t find a single dealership in the south that had a Type R for MSRP so I just ended up buying one from a dealer in Buffalo and had it shipped to Houston.

OP
OP

phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Country flag
Have you considered having the car shipped? I couldn’t find a single dealership in the south that had a Type R for MSRP so I just ended up buying one from a dealer in Buffalo and had it shipped to Houston.
I mentioned shipping to them, but unfortunately, he told me that I would have to be there to sign the papers. They weren't receptive to the docs being overnighted.

The round rock dealer (with the red type R) confirmed with me again this afternoon that the price is msrp. I'm tempted to ask if they would do a dealer trade for a gray type R (there are a couple within 60 miles). I'd still only want to pay msrp for it...

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag

Expand your circle friend, no you won't find one for that in Texas or around Austin. Check out Louisiana / lake charles I had a sonic gray down to MSRP with a few back and forths with a dealer. I decided not to pull the trigger, but proximity to affluent Austin/Houston is your main issue.

Be willing to travel, even a one way ticket, and drive back, and you can save THOUSANDS.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag

I found a dealership willing to do msrp for sonic gray...issue...it's 1100 miles away from me. :(

I'm tempted to fly and drive...but damn it's a whole lot of driving. Anyone else make this kind of drive?
Ship it! Enclosed shipping. I paid $1200 and the car arrived in perfect condition. I know some folks on here have done drives like that without any issue. Even if you did travel you'd still be saving money, better than paying 5k+ adm from dealers. :) good luck!

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag

1100 miles is nothing - ship it or pick it up man
Sponsored