Any regrets getting a touring instead of a lower trim?

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Do tell us more for the 90th time.
Lol I remember a similar post from another thread. I dug up my fun response:

“Bought a basic house. No windows to worry about cleaning. No lawn, so don't have to worry about yard work. No kitchen or bathroom, so no plumbing issues. No electricity, so don't have to worry about electrical fires. Etc.”
Sponsored

mathdydx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I get even sadder when I see Versas and Elantras.
I just came back from a trip where I had a Versa as a rental car. Terrible interior, almost has the same boring interior as a Chevrolet (well, it's been a few years since I've rented a Chevrolet....hopefully they've improved). And the driving was not fun at all. Could not wait to get back to my Civic.

PilotZero

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan (totaled) 2017 Type R (#322)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Always great to see a CivicX. I don't get sad when I see a lower trim, but I sure do smile when I see a Touring.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
No regrets in general. I will say I didn't care for 'honda sensing.' The automated cruise control in bumper to bumper traffic is jerky as hell and not useful. The collision warning I find to be too intrusive given the more aggressive way I drive. I think the technology needs a lot of refinement. If I could opt out of sensing and pay exactly the same, I would. Otherwise, the Touring is nice.

Porsche tech

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Odyssey EX-L, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I bought a used 2016 Touring sedan that I love! Especially the LED headlights (it's very dark here and I'm a geezer). The wheels on the lower trim levels (with the fake louvers) are some of the ugliest I've ever encountered in 42 years in the auto industry. My bottom line is, this Civic is a very well equipped and nice driving economy car.

Honda Civic 10th gen Any regrets getting a touring instead of a lower trim? Ugly wheels

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought an EX sedan first and thought it was the best buy out of all the trims. A bit more than a year later I bought the Sport Touring hatch and I don't regret going the top trim level at all. I actually regret going the EX on the sedan. ST is just so much more comfortable and with all the tech that I hate going back down into my EX now.

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
My rain sensing wipers have a mind of their own and are inferior to old school intermittent wipers.

Overall I still prefer my Sport Touring over a lower trim though.
Agreed. Despite the dial, I have zero control over the intermittent speed of the wipers.

Despite that, I’m super happy with my Sport Touring.

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I bought an EX sedan first and thought it was the best buy out of all the trims. A bit more than a year later I bought the Sport Touring hatch and I don't regret going the top trim level at all. I actually regret going the EX on the sedan. ST is just so much more comfortable and with all the tech that I hate going back down into my EX now.
Right?! I was in the exact same boat! I had the 2014 EX and now the 2017 Sport Touring.

stussy0515

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
I regret getting the touring because of the sound system, the rattle in the back just killing me and I don't think anyone should have ever go through this if they ACTUALLY paid extra for this option. It's kinda ridiculous to say but it it is what it is.....

dthatcher7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing
I'm glad I'm not spending the extra dough for a Touring. The EX with Sensing comes with all the features I'd like, as I don't like leather living in Texas (though ironically I got a black/black model). And I don't need navigation since Google maps is far superior and ties into AndroidAuto nicely. LED headlights are ehhh. The auto wipers would be nice, but after almost 1000 miles I find I'm turning off the sensing (lane divergence) for the majority of my driving. Wish it was smart enough to interpret turning lanes and didn't jerk the wheel every time I pass turn off or exit or lane split.

No way in hell would I be able to accept the default LX head unit after using the enhanced display unit, and the versatility that comes with having an android or Apple phone I'm Android and the wife has the same car but uses iPhone, each has their perks, the Apple interface is easier to use, but less robust, fewer aps, and no Google maps. Apple maps is sufficient, but we're definitely plugging my phone in when we travel.

I would also really miss the sunroof.

Does the LX come with the auto AC control, because that is seriously amazing.

Auto wipers is probably the only thing I'd like that wasn't included, but seems like it should have been with the whole "sensing" package.
Yes... I made the same calculation as you, in deciding on the EX w/Sensing. Although I very much regret not getting the turbo; it is a more efficient engine, paired with a better CVT. I'd suggest to anyone looking to buy a Civic 10th gen that they not go below the EX-T w/Sensing if they can afford it. Sensing has got me hooked, I never want to have another car without it. ACC and LKAS take away a lot of the stress out of my commute, especially in traffic. Lord knows I need less stress in my life!

PilotZero

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan (totaled) 2017 Type R (#322)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I regret getting the touring because of the sound system, the rattle in the back just killing me and I don't think anyone should have ever go through this if they ACTUALLY paid extra for this option. It's kinda ridiculous to say but it it is what it is.....
With a little bit of work, this is something that can be remedied and you will be glad you did it.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/resonance-room-modes-why-touring-bass-sucks-the-deck-rattles.8429/

http://www.civicx.com/threads/pure-bass-tones-for-use-when-eliminating-sub-rattles.7384/

SFTOURING

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2010 Civic Hybrid, 2006 CRV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know I've read about people who regret getting a lower trim and wish they would've gotten a higher one, however does anyone have regrets the other way around?

Do any of you touring owners regret not getting a lower trim level?

Like most people on this forum they like their Touring. I also have no regrets. Sure there are some problems ...but all in all the styling, the ride, LED lights, etc... trumps all the small stuff.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
I put LED headlights in my LX MT coupe in about five minutes. Just plug em in. Cost about $ 80.00

marauderguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
I got the "lower" trim with N/A 2L engine and CVT, and thank my lucky stars I went that way. $ less, no infotainment hassles, intermittent wiper setting and no rain sensor hassles, real volume KNOB with push on off, no turbo issues e.g. - surging, and I think the CVT performs optimally IMHO.
I got the Touring trim with the 1.5t engine and CVT, and am quite content that I did. It has led headlights, sunroof, and a leather interior thats easy to clean when my kid spills shit on it. My windshield stays fairly clean when I turn my wipers on. The stereo sounds pretty good and I recently discovered a control on my steering wheel that lets me control volume. I have been having some turbo issues as it keeps surging ahead of traffic. Enjoying my CVT and enjoying beating up on Hemi Rams.
Sponsored