Any real world Type R LE driving impressions?

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I finally got a chance to take delivery of my own LE. Much like my first Type R, the car continues to amaze me in regards to how fun it is to drive relative to the price. I can name many cars 3-4x the price that are not nearly as rewarding. I’m still trying to break it in so no hard core experience as of yet but I’ll keep you guys posted.
Did you just get it delivered to you today around Austin? My buddy saw an LE on a larger truck destined for someone around that area. Enjoy bud :)
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
That would be me! Ha! Small world!
Ha! That's awesome - Buddy fell in love with my Type R when I let him hoon in it over a weekend (massive, massive acceleration in tire wear lol) and he called me all pumped when he saw yours. Said it was all shiny like mega prepped for delivery - really liked it in person.

Enjoy!! I'm in Houston myself but visit Austin when the world isn't ending / when possible lol.

Since you owned a Type R regular previously very curious how you like the new sweetness compared!

OP
OP

V TACH

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
I’ve only driven it ~50 miles so far and I haven’t been very aggressive so it’s hard to tell. It’s also been a few years since I last drove a Type R so my memory may not be the best comparison measure. I know I loved my 2017. I sold it because I didn’t really need it at the time so my brother bought it from me and still owns it. The shifter / shift knob on the current LE definitely brings back S2000 memories. I’ll keep you posted as I pour the miles on!

Sup_Devil

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have put 200 miles on my LE since I got it a month ago. It’s a weekend car for me. My daily is a Honda Pilot.

I can tell you that I have enjoyed every single second of driving this car. I have not drove a regular Type R before. The LE is louder then any car I’ve ever been in because of the lack of sound deadening materials but it’s an absolute joy to be driving one of these.

I plan on upgrading the sound system in the car to offset the road noise. ?

I think most of the people that bought a LE are rarely going to be driving it. My plan is to put a maximum of 2500-3000 miles in a year.

I look forward to the weekends to be able to take the car out. It’s an amazing experience.
Haha I also daily a Pilot and have a 19 Champ White. And I have an LE on order for March. Can't wait!
Sponsored