Any real world Type R LE driving impressions?

V TACH

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
I’ve seen the YouTube videos of people taking delivery of their Limited Edition cars but I’m having a hard time finding driving reviews. Specifically, to anyone that’s driven one, can you comment on any perceivable differences from the standard Type R?
Thanks!
Sponsored

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So have the damper units actually been upgraded? Or is it just a software update to firm up the suspension? If the latter, any chance if it can be applied to our lesser CTRs? :cool:

Does anyone also know if the springs are different on the LE?

OP
OP

V TACH

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
Thank you for the above link—that’s exactly what I was looking for.

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
I doubt I would want to trade the loss off sound deadening, rear wiper, and cargo cover for the better track performance. I can see why some would, though, especially if you are into tracking your car a lot. The only really significant things you can't get on a normal CTR are the paint job and the suspension programming it seems. You can certainly buy the wheels if you have the scratch.

I mean, sure, if I was buying a car right now and an LE was sitting there at MSRP, I'd seriously consider it, but even then I'm just not hard-core enough to pull the trigger I don't think. I love the fact it exists though.

OP
OP

V TACH

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
Any more updates on real world driving experiences for the LE? I’m seeing a disproportionate amount of threads about availability and not enough about how they actually drive in comparison to the standard Type R. By now, many should be out of their break in period. Please don’t tell me that this many people are going “collect” this car and not drive it! There has to be some people driving these things no?? Let’s hear from those of you that are!

Red2k

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MDX Type S, 2021 LE-69, 2016 BMW 740i, X5Mc
Country flag
I have put 200 miles on my LE since I got it a month ago. It’s a weekend car for me. My daily is a Honda Pilot.

I can tell you that I have enjoyed every single second of driving this car. I have not drove a regular Type R before. The LE is louder then any car I’ve ever been in because of the lack of sound deadening materials but it’s an absolute joy to be driving one of these.

I plan on upgrading the sound system in the car to offset the road noise. ?

I think most of the people that bought a LE are rarely going to be driving it. My plan is to put a maximum of 2500-3000 miles in a year.

I look forward to the weekends to be able to take the car out. It’s an amazing experience.

Corybgee

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Limited edition type R, SiR CR-X, Beagle, Sunny
Country flag
ive driven mine about 700 miles now, but never driven any other FK8 so dont have much to compare to. I can say I love it though!

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ive driven mine about 700 miles now, but never driven any other FK8 so dont have much to compare to. I can say I love it though!
I want to see more pics of that LE next to the CRX!

Tamporter

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR LE #22, Gallardo Spyder 6MT, Rover SVR, S2000
Country flag
One thing to note is that the dampers are stiffer than a regular Type R. I have driven a buddy's Type R, and don't remember it being quite so harsh even in R+ mode. On the LE, I prefer driving in comfort mode becuase of how harsh it is.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So can the programming with the more aggressive rates be flashed to the regular CTRs? Would the dealer have the appropriate tools to perform this, or can this be only done at the factory?

OP
OP

V TACH

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
I finally got a chance to take delivery of my own LE. Much like my first Type R, the car continues to amaze me in regards to how fun it is to drive relative to the price. I can name many cars 3-4x the price that are not nearly as rewarding. I’m still trying to break it in so no hard core experience as of yet but I’ll keep you guys posted.
Sponsored