ryudo437

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I got my Awe exhaust track edition installed on Saturday For my 2019 Type R, the exhaust sounds amazing! Deep tone and aggressive when full throttle, however, I’m hearing sound rattles coming from the back normally when I shift at around 3000-3500 rpm it sounds like loose changes rattling together. I tightened the clamps, repositioned the exhaust in case it was hitting the heat shield, but sadly I still hear it. It’s normally when I’m shifting up. When my windows up I don’t hear it, only when my window is down. Any other suggestion on what might it be?
Sponsored

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
Im getting the same issue. I’m getting it after a remark spec 3 installation. What’s weird is I have never had this issue till now. I’ve installed 3 exhausts with my buddies and this is the only one that’s been giving me this issue. It’s annoying as hell lol

OP
OP
ryudo437

ryudo437

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Im getting the same issue. I’m getting it after a remark spec 3 installation. What’s weird is I have never had this issue till now. I’ve installed 3 exhausts with my buddies and this is the only one that’s been giving me this issue. It’s annoying as hell lol
Yeah I check every heat shield and every single bolts and hanger to make sure, I have not seen any rubbing anywhere. The sound only happens when I let go of the gas with windows down and I’m at 3000-4000 rpm.

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I got my Awe exhaust track edition installed on Saturday For my 2019 Type R, the exhaust sounds amazing! Deep tone and aggressive when full throttle, however, I’m hearing sound rattles coming from the back normally when I shift at around 3000-3500 rpm it sounds like loose changes rattling together. I tightened the clamps, repositioned the exhaust in case it was hitting the heat shield, but sadly I still hear it. It’s normally when I’m shifting up. When my windows up I don’t hear it, only when my window is down. Any other suggestion on what might it be?
OP, if you're positive there's no contact from the heat shielding, and have ensured clearances around the hanger barb at operating temperature, you may be hearing wastegate rattle -- which is quite "vocal" on this platform.

PS, you should have a PM from my colleague, Dave, in your inbox.

wassen

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
200sx.kicks-ass.net
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2017, Volvo V70
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had simliar problem with another exhaust. My issue was the heat shield on the steering servo that was touching the front pipe.

sourpatchkvnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
I would recheck clearance in the rear hangar barbs. You want a bit of space since metal expands with heat. I have the touring edition exhaust and would get rattles on decel, upshifts, & reversing only when the exhaust was warm. I moved the exhaust slightly away from the barb and it kinda fix my issue since I only get a rattle on rough roads.

I wish I could push it back a tiny bit more but then the metal pieces welded to the side of the muffler would be touching the felt liner and I’m not sure if that would cause any noise.

CBPFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8
Country flag
Did you ever find a solution to this?

Same issue here with Remark spec-3 exhaust. Funny enough, the rattle/buzz didn't start until after I installed PRL's front & down pipe. So naturally I wasted a ton of time looking around the fp/dp and reassembling everything and the noise is still there.

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
Same issue for me after installing awe touring. Strange thing for me is its only when I am pulling off a slight incline and turning left lol - and not all the time either - wasn't there before the install and I put it on ramps yesterday and didn't see anything visible that stood out rubbing - no exhaust leaks so has the be a shield somewhere. Ill be installing my Downpipe next week as well as replacing the intercooler gaskets (tore one slightly installing the perrin intercooler - and rather be safe than sorry) so while I have it up on ramps Ill check the steering servo shield and heat shield I had to remove to get the front pipe in. Has anyone ran without that heat shield for a significant amount of time had any issues?

Last edited:

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
OK so - I did a prl catted downpipe install a little bit ago, and have the car buttoned up. My issue is the steering servo heat shield is hitting the front pipe. There's a gap there but its not much 1/16 maybe. Loosened from the downpipe back and it got a little better but not much. Can someone get me a pic of where their downpipe connects to their front pipe (see mine below after the downpipe install)? I think I may have the stay brackets installed incorrectly which I'm pretty sure would be my issue - curious what finished product should look like in the below area with a catted downpipe and this front pipe before I pull my sleeves up again...

Honda Civic 10th gen Any rattling sound after exhaust install? Type R 20201219_110056

Last edited:

CBPFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8
Country flag
I also had the
Awesome man can you get one from the other side by chance with the filter on the right?
That was actually an old picture, so I wouldn't be able to take another one unfortunately. But your brackets look installed correctly to me.

I actually had the same issue with the front pipe hitting the heat shield around the EPS motor. Ended up removing the heat shield and thermal wrapped the front pipe in that section. Also had to bend one of the front pipe hanger barbs with a pry bar to make a little more clearance.

Still had the occasional slight rattle after that, but only when engaging 1st from a stop and during hard shifts. Got a hasport RMM and haven't heard that rattle since.

Funny thing is that now I've got a different rattle coming from the rear heat shield (I think). But that one doesn't really concern me too much so I'm done chasing it for now.
Sponsored