Any R owners near South Bend, Indiana?

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
A friend of mine at Tire Rack says they are looking for a vehicle to measure so they can begin offering wheels and alternate tire sizes for the R chassis.

Long story short, Tire Rack will not offer wheels for a new chassis platform until their in-house automotive engineer can scan and test fit various wheels in CAD.

Basically, they bring the vehicle in, put it on a drive on lift, pull the wheels off and take a laser pencil thing and measure everything that pertains to wheels. (hub, brake caliper and disc, suspension, and inner fender area) After that, the car goes into the photo studio for some photographs and you are on your way. The entire process takes about an hour and a half to two hours. Again, they do this for every new chassis that gets released for just about every vehicle in North America, this is nothing new. You can stand next to your caR the entire process, it isn't like they take it into a magical back room or anything like that.

Wheel and tire sizes are known a couple weeks after the scan takes place, they do not 'test fit' wheels on the spot, nor will you be able to walk out that day with a set of wheels for your R.

In return for use of your R and time, they will compensate with an order at wholesale price (price varies by product but typically about 10-12% below retail and you can still get in on national manufacture rebates if they are available) and they usually give you the high res file of the studio photoshoot, once it goes through the color correction team. And of course you get the satisfaction of knowing your R will likely be in a catalog publication that has a larger audience than any other mail order audience in North America.

Tire Rack headquarters is located in South Bend, Indiana. Please contact ME directly on here to arrange but understand that preferred time to do this is M-F, 8am-4pm.
Sponsored

JJAY8175

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord 2007 Honda civic SI 97 Subaru Legacy 17 CTR CW #3892
Country flag
I have it set up with tire rack already they're using my car as a test vehicle to scan and use for their website. Butch in sales has it all set up for me already. We buy a lot of tires from them for our Subaru's. I took a tour of their facility last year, it's impressive to say the least. Also got to romp around the track in a few BMW'S, fun stuff

Reactions: JYR
OP
OP

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Interesting but sweet! When is it scheduled? -PM'd you

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Darn it. Looks like I missed it...

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Any chance TireRack will offer some more aggressive sizes for the track guys? For example, 18x9.

Andrew

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I'm actually from South Bend and I'm visiting a friend in Bloomington who has a deposit down and might be picking up their Type R today in Columbus, IN! I'll let them know, but I don't think they'll want to make the 4 hour drive lol.
Sponsored

Last edited: