Any progress on retrofitting adaptive sound control?

Tags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi A3 Quattro, 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan
Country flag
There had been some threads speculating about adding ASC from the 2020 Si to prior years. Any updates on that? Doable? Impossible? Asking for a friend.
Sponsored

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
There's quite a few wires going into that module.

Honda Civic 10th gen Any progress on retrofitting adaptive sound control? IMG_0808.JPG

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you have the pin-out for that connector?
No, I took that picture while I was trying it plugged or unplugged to see which way I liked the cabin sound best. It got sort of complicated because it seemed to have an effect while the car was not in sport mode too. Possibly a noise cancelling effect as well. After a few days testing, I decided to just leave it plugged in [enabled]

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Seems like no one is happy with it and now those who don't have it, want it lol. Buy an intake.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
I don't personally care for it anymore, but I don't feel the need to really take things apart just to remove it. it can stay how it is lol

Bunhyung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
No, I took that picture while I was trying it plugged or unplugged to see which way I liked the cabin sound best. It got sort of complicated because it seemed to have an effect while the car was not in sport mode too. Possibly a noise cancelling effect as well. After a few days testing, I decided to just leave it plugged in [enabled]
I unplugged mine and found it nice and quiet yet detached in the cabin. Now I feel like I need a way to replace that sensory connection to my body. I like the quiet while just puttering around town but I need to feel and hear the exhaust when I'm going at it.
The module is also used in the Accords for noise-canceling which is why I am curious about the pin-out. I would love to be able to either turn it on or off, or switch between enhanced sound or noise-canceling.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I unplugged mine and found it nice and quiet yet detached in the cabin. Now I feel like I need a way to replace that sensory connection to my body. I like the quiet while just puttering around town but I need to feel and hear the exhaust when I'm going at it.
The module is also used in the Accords for noise-canceling which is why I am curious about the pin-out. I would love to be able to either turn it on or off, or switch between enhanced sound or noise-canceling.
That would be the best of both worlds.
And a worthy project if you could get it figured out.

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
On my VW I could use an OBDeleven (a little cheap OBD scanner) to turn the sound on and off- is there a similar tool available for Honda?

I don’t really want to unplug it - and am quite curious if there is a noise cancelling effect as well as the engine noise.

Bunhyung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
On my VW I could use an OBDeleven (a little cheap OBD scanner) to turn the sound on and off- is there a similar tool available for Honda?

I don’t really want to unplug it - and am quite curious if there is a noise cancelling effect as well as the engine noise.
If there is, I have not found any

I haven't tried to use an OBD scanner on it.

One thing I have noticed is that the system processes sound at all times. Turn the car on but don't start it and listen to the white noise that comes from the center speaker. Unplugged, the noise stops.

Driving with it Unplugged really gives a good sense of how quiet the factory exhaust system actually is. It's as if Honda thinks the driver only needs to hear the exhaust to really feel in touch with the car when the reality is that there is a combination of sounds, and vibrations that makes the experience a visceral one.

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
Interesting... I wonder if the sound is fully synthetic, or if there is a mic somewhere that would be easier to access / switch on and off...

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wasn't aware people would want to retrofit this. Honestly, from watching videos the noise it makes at high revs sounds so goofy to me.

Bunhyung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
Interesting... I wonder if the sound is fully synthetic, or if there is a mic somewhere that would be easier to access / switch on and off...
I believe the microphone is in the headliner behind the sunroof. If this is a variant of what Honda uses in the Accord for noise-canceling, than it is actually sampling sounds as they occur so it's not synthesized. I'm sure better speakers would result in better exhaust note ;).
Sponsored