Any owners here with the 2.0 engine here?

What engine and body style u have?

• 2.0 Sedan & Coupe

Votes: 90 52.0%
  • 1.5t Hatchback

Votes: 33 19.1%
  • 1.5t Sedan & Coupe

Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Si & Type R

Votes: 23 13.3%

• Total voters

Samtheman909

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic lx 2.0L sedan
Country flag
Mine is the N.A. 2.0 with 6 mt. I love this car and IMO the engine is probably capable of significantly more HP but it's been built and tuned for fuel efficiency which is understandable. My guess is it's capable of at least 200 HP without turbocharging but that would require some serious changes; cams, valves, fuel injectors, intake and exhaust manifolds, reflashing, etc. But it would be cool wouldn't it?
Very true, I’ve looked every where for new internals but sadly no one makes any internals or kits for the engine. Best bet is a ktuner and a downpipe with a new exhaust system. I would say focus more on the suspension/handling side because it’ll be more fun that way
Sponsored

Spoken

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 2.0L
Country flag
The K20C2 block is very close to the Type R. Exact block actually, so I would assume some parts can be interchangeable

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
It is sad that our 2.0 gets no love, because I really wanted to supercharge mine. That’s why I bought the 2.0 NA with the 6 speed. Because I saw a video of the supercharged 9th gen Si and it was impressive. But since the new Si is turbocharged along with all the other models other than the LX, the aftermarket companies see no reason to build anything for the 2.0 Vtec. It has plenty potential and I love the way the engine runs. I just wished I would’ve been able to supercharge it by now. I do like our turbo hatchback but it just doesn’t have that character of the Vtec engine. But even though it doesn’t have the power of the 1.5t, I still enjoy driving my 2.0NA 6mt over my 1.5t since I’ve tuned it with the ktuner. It is such a blast and so responsive.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Some thoughts from a guy who bought the 1.5T CVT combo...

It seems to me that there's a small group of 2.0NA owners who think the turbo owners feel like they have the superior drivetrain. IMO they're both great. Honda knows engines and transmissions.

Let's take my 1.5T/CVT combo first. And understand that before I bought my current Civic I had driven manual cars for 25 years plus. At first I thought the CVT was dull. And sure, compared to a manual it is. But the turbo engine is sweet and once you get used to how the CVT works, it's a nice driving experience made better with a tune.

The 2.0NA is sort of that classic Honda feel with decent horsepower and low-ish torque. You have to wring it out to get the best of it, but that's where the fun is. I used to love watching the tach hit 8,000 rpm in my Integra manual back in the day.

As far as why so few aftermarket companies show the 2.0NA guys love, it's economics. Turbos are the engines that most 10th gen folks tune and a larger portion of enthusiasts mod. That's not to say there aren't 2.0 enthusiasts, I know there are (a lot of them here) but most Civics (even the 1.5T) are sold as grocery getters.

There is no bad 10th gen Civic.

16LXMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6MT
Country flag
Got my 2016 LX 6MT about a month ago. Coming from a 2010 SXT AWD Charger there's a lot of compromises I made. Got the car for $11,000 Canadian as is deal. I had to do the rear brakes and buy front tires. Car seems fine but almost every single car seems fine until a few years in or over 100,000km. I'll be happy with the car if and when it reaches 200,000 trouble free kilometers. Until then this was purely a sensible responsible purchase and I don't have much opinion. I mean, I'm driving a tiny econo box again am I supposed to be excited?
Sponsored