Any owners here with the 2.0 engine here?

What engine and body style u have?

• 2.0 Sedan & Coupe

Votes: 90 52.0%
  • 1.5t Hatchback

Votes: 33 19.1%
  • 1.5t Sedan & Coupe

Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Si & Type R

Votes: 23 13.3%

• Total voters

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Well if you look at the dyno sheet from the ktuner website it looks like the torque falls off after 7000 rpm so probably benefit more by shifting before 7000 rpm
Sponsored

RS27

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6 spd / 2019 Civic Coupe Sport CVT / 05 E46 M3 6MT Slicktop
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
True. I’m stock tune and I can tell the car is tuned for anything 1/2 throttle of less to really just putter along getting great mpg. Because when I mash it, the car screams and makes all kine good N/A Honda old school sounds. ??

apparently that gets even better with a tune and downpipe.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
True. I’m stock tune and I can tell the car is tuned for anything 1/2 throttle of less to really just putter along getting great mpg. Because when I mash it, the car screams and makes all kine good N/A Honda old school sounds. ??

apparently that gets even better with a tune and downpipe.
Yes get you a ktuner, you won’t regret it. You can enhance throttle response and improve hp and torque. Plus you lower Vtec engagement and remove speed limiter. There is so much you can do. It really wakes the engine up.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
2.0 LX Coupe.

It took some time to get accustomed to driving this vs. something like a B-series Honda (smooth 1-2).

You can really do any old junk on the older platforms but shifting in this car needs a little more finesse.

Michael's FC2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX sedan
Country flag
After ktuner you feel so much more power! I actually got my car Dyno tune after that for a lil more power. Car is making 163.7 whp and 150 lb of torque. All the tuners were able to do is get another 10 lb of torque out of it. Mind you guys I do have a full exhaust and supposed CAI, more of a RAI I you ask me but W/e LoL anyone else get real Dyno numbers?

Michael's FC2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX sedan
Country flag
What is that? An EXT? I don't know what model it is, but it's not a 2.0 L. I can easily see the intake for the turbo in the video...

Michael's FC2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX sedan
Country flag
Yes you can raise the rev-limiter but I wouldn’t go too high. I just left mine at 7000. But as far as the Vtec engagement, you will notice it when you reprogram it to engage sooner. And ktuner just updated the software to engage at 5300 rpm. I just updated mine last night. I will test it out later. But also you get the extra bump in power across the board from the tuning. So all together it’s a noticeable difference in the car. I thought you already had it on your car?
Hey man did you get this pop up when you updated it? I updated everything and it keeps showing me this...
Honda Civic 10th gen Any owners here with the 2.0 engine here? IMG_20200519_165153

Yes you can raise the rev-limiter but I wouldn’t go too high. I just left mine at 7000. But as far as the Vtec engagement, you will notice it when you reprogram it to engage sooner. And ktuner just updated the software to engage at 5300 rpm. I just updated mine last night. I will test it out later. But also you get the extra bump in power across the board from the tuning. So all together it’s a noticeable difference in the car. I thought you already had it on your car?
Hey did you get this issue? I updated everything and now it just keeps showing me this...
Honda Civic 10th gen Any owners here with the 2.0 engine here? IMG_20200519_165153

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey man did you get this pop up when you updated it? I updated everything and it keeps showing me this...
IMG_20200519_165153.jpg

Hey did you get this issue? I updated everything and now it just keeps showing me this...
IMG_20200519_165153.jpg
No I never seen that. But sounds like you need to go to ktuner website and download the new software.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That was the latest version I downloaded LoL weird
You can send a message to ktuner and see what they say. Maybe it’s the software on your computer

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
Mine is the N.A. 2.0 with 6 mt. I love this car and IMO the engine is probably capable of significantly more HP but it's been built and tuned for fuel efficiency which is understandable. My guess is it's capable of at least 200 HP without turbocharging but that would require some serious changes; cams, valves, fuel injectors, intake and exhaust manifolds, reflashing, etc. But it would be cool wouldn't it?
Sponsored