Any one experienced cruise control issue with Ktuner Rev-hang disabled?

jaywildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Fellow CivicX enthusiasts who have the newest Ktuner (1.0.6.1 and 1.0.6.2) version installed. Am I the only one experiencing issue with cruise control when rev-hang disabled?
This is a Canadian 17 Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT. I've tried many different settings, stage 2, starter 2, soft padding, standard padding, different Eco button setups, you name it. As long as the rev-hang disable checked, car will oscillate when cruise speed is set. Not only it oscillate around the set speed, it oscillate during acceleration too (drive at 60 resume cruise speed 100).
Ktuner customer support has already been notified. Thanks to their outstanding customer support team! Instant response even in after hour and weekends. And they are working on finding causes based on the data logs i recorded. I just wonder if some one else experience the same issue.
Sponsored

Last edited:

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe ABM, 2016 Civic Touring CBP
Country flag
Fellow CivicX enthusiasts who have the newest Ktuner 1.6.1 version installed. Am I the only one experiencing issue with cruise control when rev-hang disabled?
This is a Canadian 17 Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT. I've tried many different settings, stage 2, starter 2, soft padding, standard padding, different Eco button setups, you name it. As long as the rev-hang disable checked, car will oscillate when cruise speed is set. Not only it oscillate around the set speed, it oscillate during acceleration too (drive at 60 resume cruise speed 100).
Ktuner customer support has already been notified. Thanks to their outstanding customer support team! Instant response even in after hour and weekends. And they are working on finding causes based on the data logs i recorded. I just wonder if some one else experience the same issue.
Yes this was brought up during the beta and is one of the reasons the throttle padding was introduced. I don't personally use cruise hardly ever so no big deal to me, I keep the padding off (standard) and mine does jerk around when I tested cruise.

Keep in touch with Ktuner, they will get ya straightened out and offer a solution I'm sure.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Yup, there's a couple guys that are having some oscillation with medium or soft selected and we're trying to collect data to find a reason for it.

For anyone experiencing this with "Standard Throttle Padding" try "Medium" or "Soft" settings. We've gotten the All Good from several Si / Non-Si owners and tested on a local Hatch Sport 6MT with no oscillation to be found. All performed as expected. If you're affected don't run rev hang disable with cruise until we can figure out why it's only affecting a few people and be sure to email us!

@jaywildcat
@360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup, there's a couple guys that are having some oscillation with medium or soft selected and we're trying to collect data to find a reason for it.

For anyone experiencing this with "Standard Throttle Padding" try "Medium" or "Soft" settings. We've gotten the All Good from several Si / Non-Si owners and tested on a local Hatch Sport 6MT with no oscillation to be found. All performed as expected. If you're affected don't run rev hang disable with cruise until we can figure out why it's only affecting a few people and be sure to email us!

@jaywildcat
@360glitch
I will get some more logs in for diagnosing over the weekend. Just glad to hear that it's not just me and I'm not crazy. :)

DarthHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatch Sport Manual
I am having the same issue, I normally do hard acceleration and then hit the cruise once I get to speed limit and I notice it as well, next I will try with ECON on to see if there is a temporary fix, btw love the no rev hang, Thanks guys

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I am having the same issue, I normally do hard acceleration and then hit the cruise once I get to speed limit and I notice it as well, next I will try with ECON on to see if there is a temporary fix, btw love the no rev hang, Thanks guys
Are you using medium or soft padding? Can you submit a datalog?

DarthHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatch Sport Manual
Are you using medium or soft padding? Can you submit a datalog?
I was using starter 21 with early spool, and on Wednesday I uploaded the same tume but with disable rev hang and that's when I noticed, I can't data log as I only own mac, have to use a work laptop to do the tunes but can't take it out of the building.

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe ABM, 2016 Civic Touring CBP
Country flag
Use boot camp to install a windows image you download from Microsoft. I use my MacBook Air to do all my tunes. Let's you easily switch back and forth between mac and windows and you don't have to register windows to use Ktuner.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I was using starter 21 with early spool, and on Wednesday I uploaded the same tume but with disable rev hang and that's when I noticed, I can't data log as I only own mac, have to use a work laptop to do the tunes but can't take it out of the building.
You didn't change the throttle padding quick adjustment? See above:

For anyone experiencing this with "Standard Throttle Padding" try "Medium" or "Soft" settings.

OP
OP

jaywildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I will get some more logs in for diagnosing over the weekend. Just glad to hear that it's not just me and I'm not crazy. :)
Exactly how I feel! Glad to hear it's not just my civic!

I just have 1.0.6.2 installed with starter 21 with eco factory boost. Drove around, feels great. However same streaking when cruise on, with all padding setup.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Exactly how I feel! Glad to hear it's not just my civic!

I just have 1.0.6.2 installed with starter 21 with eco factory boost. Drove around, feels great. However same streaking when cruise on, with all padding setup.
I had the same experience. One of us needs to log that and send it to [email protected].

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
5 logs with 1.0.6.1 have been summitted the last weekend. Should I summit more with 1.0.6.2? @KTuner ?
He specifically needs a cruise log on a 21psi starter map with rev hang disabled and throttle dampening set to either medium or soft from what I understand. .1 vs .2 should not matter.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yea - im having the same issue, I think? ECU keeps giving it a kick of gas randomly quite often and it causes the car to buck as its a sudden hit of gas and then back off.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Yea - im having the same issue, I think? ECU keeps giving it a kick of gas randomly quite often and it causes the car to buck as its a sudden hit of gas and then back off.
From the screenshots I saw you post in the other thread you don't have a manual transmission, so you don't have rev hang disable.
Sponsored