Any of you guys own a CTR on Long Island?

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
U got parking sensors? Lol or just sticker and the headlight nozzle. Yeah I'm not a fan of blanks either I had stupid little stickers on my sport touring by the shifter (Mario kart banana lol)

I had those engine bay covers on my last 10th gen wouldn't fit the R so I left them behind. Will reorder eventually.
https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda/honda-civic-type-r/2017-civic-type-r/
https://www.parts-honda.uk/honda-cars/CIVIC-/2019/TYPE-R/30854

I got the trim pieces and side markers from Cox, and the actual dash buttons (not a sticker) from the second link. I also ordered the engine auto start/stop button that goes next to the drive mode switch, but when I pried up the center console, that "blank" seems to be blocked off on the bottom and not something that can be removed. No actual parking sensors or headlight washers. At worst, the buttons get rid of the blanks; at best, maybe I'll have those buttons do something custom later on. The "HONDA" badge that I had on my S2000 was a European exclusive (like how the "VTEC TURBO" sticker was a Canadian exclusive for the CTR).

Anything you want to eventually put on, I would order asap, given the delays and future uncertainty in the supply chains.
Sponsored

Blazindominican

First Name
Blazin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Eclipse GSX, 10 CRV AWD, 21 CTR, 23 MT-10 SP
Country flag
Sweeeeet. Man I have like a handful of parts sitting in the trunk of my R waiting to be installed just no time. I figured if I store it in the trunk it'll force me to make time lol like ugh I need to get rid of these boxes lemme just throw it on now real quick

Blazindominican

First Name
Blazin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Had some free time last night. Installed the following
-Smoked switchback LED side markers
-Rear LED to replace reflectors:)love:)
-rally Armour mud flaps
-LED reverse bulbs
-LED bulb in the trunk

I don't think I'll be doing LED bulbs in the interior. I've done them in alllll my past cars and they can be a bit much. Also tints are all dried up and cured.
Honda Civic 10th gen Any of you guys own a CTR on Long Island? 20210115_001311
Honda Civic 10th gen Any of you guys own a CTR on Long Island? 20210115_001335
Honda Civic 10th gen Any of you guys own a CTR on Long Island? 20210114_232936

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Had some free time last night. Installed the following
-Smoked switchback LED side markers
-Rear LED to replace reflectors:)love:)
-rally Armour mud flaps
-LED reverse bulbs
-LED bulb in the trunk

I don't think I'll be doing LED bulbs in the interior. I've done them in alllll my past cars and they can be a bit much. Also tints are all dried up and cured.
20210115_001311.jpg
20210115_001335.jpg
20210114_232936.jpg
Nice job!

Are you planning on doing the LED brake lights and rear turn signals? I did the entire kit from Typerleds and I'm pleased with how it came out.

A bit much in terms of labor or the brightness? I'm not a fan of the yellow from incandescents and they didn't seem bright enough. Not a fan of blue either, just white. :cool:

I also upgraded to an LED inside the glovebox, and disconnected the ridiculous active sound control while I was at it.

Make sure to apply a screen protector on the infotainment screen too, doesn't seem like it's Gorilla Glass or anything heavy duty.

Blazindominican

First Name
Blazin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice job!

Are you planning on doing the LED brake lights and rear turn signals? I did the entire kit from Typerleds and I'm pleased with how it came out.

A bit much in terms of labor or the brightness? I'm not a fan of the yellow from incandescents and they didn't seem bright enough. Not a fan of blue either, just white. :cool:

I also upgraded to an LED inside the glovebox, and disconnected the ridiculous active sound control while I was at it.

Make sure to apply a screen protector on the infotainment screen too, doesn't seem like it's Gorilla Glass or anything heavy duty.
Maybe if I see it in person I'd change my mind. hopefully soon hahaha

I have a screen protector somewhere I gotta find it. I ordered it for my sport touring and didn't use it. I believe it's the same radio.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Maybe if I see it in person I'd change my mind. hopefully soon hahaha

I have a screen protector somewhere I gotta find it. I ordered it for my sport touring and didn't use it. I believe it's the same radio.

Some interior LED pics...

Honda Civic 10th gen Any of you guys own a CTR on Long Island? 20210117_173520
Honda Civic 10th gen Any of you guys own a CTR on Long Island? 20210117_173621
Honda Civic 10th gen Any of you guys own a CTR on Long Island? 20210117_173632

Blazindominican

First Name
Blazin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah that's really really bright.. I gotta see how bad it is in person. I had interior leds from ijdmtoy in all my previous cars... 10yrs later... only 1 or 2 went bad. But man were they bright. Same white like yours.

I'm currently doing my remote start. Fuck what a nightmare.

Blazindominican

First Name
Blazin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Any of you guys own a CTR on Long Island? 20210118_203152

Southern state, West bound, far right lane, around the left bend at exit 15(or 16?) on the right hand side.. biiiiiiig hole.. wasn't going more than maybe...60.

have wheel warranty though. Getting some other stuff finished up this weekend while I'm off then off it goes to the dealer for warranty. Rear window sounds a lil odd going up too so I'll have them look at it while I'm there

Yay ???

Last edited:

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
20210118_203152.jpg

West bound, far right lane, around the left bend at exit 15(or 16?) on the right hand side.. biiiiiiig hole.. wasn't going more than maybe...60.

have wheel warranty though. Getting some other stuff finished up this weekend while I'm off then off it goes to the dealer for warranty. Rear window sounds a lil odd going up too so I'll have them look at it while I'm there

Yay ???
damn dude that sucks. northern state??

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
20210118_203152.jpg

Southern state, West bound, far right lane, around the left bend at exit 15(or 16?) on the right hand side.. biiiiiiig hole.. wasn't going more than maybe...60.

Yay ???
Damned potholes. Can you just bring that wheel to the dealer to get it replaced, or do you literally need to have your whole car towed there? I've been lucky so far, drove all over the tristate area in the last 3,000 miles, knock on wood. Hope they fix it well or give you a new wheel.

Blazindominican

First Name
Blazin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Damned potholes. Can you just bring that wheel to the dealer to get it replaced, or do you literally need to have your whole car towed there? I've been lucky so far, drove all over the tristate area in the last 3,000 miles, knock on wood. Hope they fix it well or give you a new wheel.
The rim still holds air. It drives fine surprisingly. But I'm going to drop it off I have a friend that works in the parts department with heavy influence so he already has the service manager ready to deal with it. My rear driver side window also makes an odd noise going up so I'll have them check that out too.

The hole is filled now too smh saw it this morning on my way to queens

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The rim still holds air. It drives fine surprisingly. But I'm going to drop it off I have a friend that works in the parts department with heavy influence so he already has the service manager ready to deal with it. My rear driver side window also makes an odd noise going up so I'll have them check that out too.

The hole is filled now too smh saw it this morning on my way to queens
Damn, hope you get it sorted out. Is there any kind of vibration at higher speeds? In other words, if you never visually saw the bent wheel, would you even suspect you had an issue?
Sponsored