Any North Carolina CTR buyers?

OP
OP
PowerOfDreams2017

PowerOfDreams2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 CRX Si, 1994 Civic EX Sedan, 2016 HRV EX-L, 1998 Civic Hatch DX, 2017 Civic Type R #593
Country flag
I had a NC Honda salesman tell me last night that this car is going to be in the $50k range because its a prototype that has never been sold before, Honda is only selling 600 and they will not be any after 2017.

I told him they have been sold in the UK and Japan and he denied it so I just said thanks and hung up.

HAHAHAHAHA!! That's pretty good. That definitely tops my post. I'm amazed at people. Half of the NC dealers didn't know what a Type R was. One dealer thought I was asking about a Maxima. :(
Sponsored

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
HAHAHAHAHA!! That's pretty good. That definitely tops my post. I'm amazed at people. Half of the NC dealers didn't know what a Type R was. One dealer thought I was asking about a Maxima. :(
Ouch! :rant:

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Integra GS-R (sold). 2000 Integra Type R (sold). 2017 Civic Type R.
Country flag
Yikes. That's bad. And gives the good dealers a bad rap. But, with any business you definitely have a few people who are clueless and don't take the job serious enough to get informed about the entire product line. Ugh.

y4ngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB CTR
Country flag
No dealers in the southeast are showing up yet on the Honda iN for the CTR. Looks like we're the last region to get info. I'll post as soon as I see GA/AL/TN/NC/SC/FL on the in-tranist report.
My spreadsheet shows that I've contacted 72 dealers so far, hopefully get some good news this coming week.

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
I had a NC Honda salesman tell me last night that this car is going to be in the $50k range because its a prototype that has never been sold before, Honda is only selling 600 and they will not be any after 2017.
There speaks an "expert" salesman.
:eek: :crazy: :rofl:

foxxdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#0817 CTR
My spreadsheet shows that I've contacted 72 dealers so far, hopefully get some good news this coming week.
72? Dang. If you get multiple leads definitely hit us up here. I basically stopped calling places because none of them had any info.

Boba Debt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Long Bed, 2017 WRX STi
Country flag
Yes, please post if you have any leads on an MSRP dealership.

I have already accepted that I will not be able to get an R from this first batch and I must say it was a load off my mind. I'm actually not even worried about getting a 2017 and will probably wait to get an 2018

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
So far the dealers in NC don't seem to be the brightest or I guess more to the point could care less. I live in Asheville NC the dealer here, Apple tree Honda, basically is a bunch of jerks. To give you an idea a Tennessee dealer I spoke with said 6 out of every car he sold was to an Asheville person. anyway, first they said they were not getting any, then they were getting one, then they would take my deposit, I drove down then they said they would not. then they said they would call me , then they didnt. then they said ok come back in we can take a deposit. drove out and then was told no that te owner was keeping the one they were getting. So on to Hedricks Honda of South Carolina, first no deposit,, then ok they would take a deposit, then after a 30 min speech on how honorable they are was told 5k mark up.... ok so on to Honda of Boone NC, 5 min conversation (I'm in the dealership) and guy tells me that the CTR would not be out till December. I said no sometime in spring. He told me that no that the SI Wouldn't be out till then and most likely no dealer gets them till September. I show him the photos of the SI on dealer lots and people driving them.. he goes oh they are out... so back to the CTR, so when can I put a deposit on it... he again replys not till closer till launch in December... I left. So Hickory NC basically same run around. I finally got 1st on list and with choice of two colors at a Tennessee dealer put 5k down no dealer mark up but... now they wont answer any calls or answer any e-mails I send so... and no i have not bugged them only called once with a finance questions and sent two e-mails requesting if anything i could do in advance to speed things up. and zero replys from dealer. Buying a car should not be this difficult.

OP
OP
PowerOfDreams2017

PowerOfDreams2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 CRX Si, 1994 Civic EX Sedan, 2016 HRV EX-L, 1998 Civic Hatch DX, 2017 Civic Type R #593
Country flag
So far the dealers in NC don't seem to be the brightest or I guess more to the point could care less. I live in Asheville NC the dealer here, Apple tree Honda, basically is a bunch of jerks. To give you an idea a Tennessee dealer I spoke with said 6 out of every car he sold was to an Asheville person. anyway, first they said they were not getting any, then they were getting one, then they would take my deposit, I drove down then they said they would not. then they said they would call me , then they didnt. then they said ok come back in we can take a deposit. drove out and then was told no that te owner was keeping the one they were getting. So on to Hedricks Honda of South Carolina, first no deposit,, then ok they would take a deposit, then after a 30 min speech on how honorable they are was told 5k mark up.... ok so on to Honda of Boone NC, 5 min conversation (I'm in the dealership) and guy tells me that the CTR would not be out till December. I said no sometime in spring. He told me that no that the SI Wouldn't be out till then and most likely no dealer gets them till September. I show him the photos of the SI on dealer lots and people driving them.. he goes oh they are out... so back to the CTR, so when can I put a deposit on it... he again replys not till closer till launch in December... I left. So Hickory NC basically same run around. I finally got 1st on list and with choice of two colors at a Tennessee dealer put 5k down no dealer mark up but... now they wont answer any calls or answer any e-mails I send so... and no i have not bugged them only called once with a finance questions and sent two e-mails requesting if anything i could do in advance to speed things up. and zero replys from dealer. Buying a car should not be this difficult.
So, your put a deposit down at the dealer in Hickory?

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
guy tells me that the CTR would not be out till December. I said no sometime in spring. He told me that no that the SI Wouldn't be out till then and most likely no dealer gets them till September. I show him the photos of the SI on dealer lots and people driving them.. he goes oh they are out...
:doh: :banghead:

After that tale of incompetence and dishonesty from the dealers I'm surprised you haven't lost interest in the CTR altogether. Doesn't sound too good at the moment with the last dealer not answering you, I can only hope that's a temporary thing and it all works out for you in the end. As you say, it shouldn't be that difficult...

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
:doh: :banghead:

After that tale of incompetence and dishonesty from the dealers I'm surprised you haven't lost interest in the CTR altogether. Doesn't sound too good at the moment with the last dealer not answering you, I can only hope that's a temporary thing and it all works out for you in the end. As you say, it shouldn't be that difficult...
I got a feeling lots of people with deposits will get the shaft for dealer friends and family. Me: I had a deposit. Dealer: sorry we didnt get it in. How do we prove different ? And even if we can so what, they just give deposit back. They don't care.

OP
OP
PowerOfDreams2017

PowerOfDreams2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nope like I said got same run around as the other dealers and got nowhere. So thats why I ended up in Tennessee
OK. I misread the post. I'm #2 on the list for Hickory. They would only take $5000 down. They told me #1 is one of the finance managers friend. Usually you can't beat the salesman off with a stick. Now you show up with cash and beg for them to take it and they won't even talk to you. Very frustrating. I definitely won't loose interest in the R. That's how bad I want one. I'm staying very dedicated to this experience. This is not fun anymore...It's a quest lol

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OK. I misread the post. I'm #2 on the list for Hickory. They would only take $5000 down. They told me #1 is one of the finance managers friend. Usually you can't beat the salesman off with a stick. Now you show up with cash and beg for them to take it and they won't even talk to you. Very frustrating. I definitely won't loose interest in the R. That's how bad I want one. I'm staying very dedicated to this experience. This is not fun anymore...It's a quest lol
No problem. Yeah man, it is becoming a seriously un fun experience. But Yeah wanna just look they won't leave you alone. Come in with cash and they won't take it. I have had sales man walk away once I asked about the type r. Seriously B.S. 90% of these cars,are going to dealership owners ,sales managers and their friends, it is total crap.

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
I got a feeling lots of people with deposits will get the shaft for dealer friends and family. Me: I had a deposit. Dealer: sorry we didnt get it in. How do we prove different ?
Apart from the ones where the dealer has actually admitted they're keeping it for someone in-house, there have been others where people have reported cars mysteriously no longer available where it sure looked like that was the case, and as you say they know you can't really do anything about it. It's a shame that Honda don't seem to be in a position to do anything about it either (or just don't care?).
:rant:
Sponsored