Any Non Si/TypeR owners here track their cars?

imcrspy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I've basically been racing all my adult life up until the past few years where work just started taking up most of my time. Now that things are starting to get a little slower and I have some funds, I decided to start hitting the track again. I'm currently setting up my Hatchbac Sport for Street class in Grid Time Attack. I was wondering if there are other owners in the same boat as me tracking their non-si/typer. What's your experience been like? What's the mod that's had the biggest impact on helping you drive more comfortably?

I chose the FK7 over the FK8 because it's nearly 300lbs lighter and a more low key daily. I'm in the process of installing a front helical MFactory LSD and Wilwood 6 pot BBK up front. Already have whiteline front and rear sway bars and am looking for coilover options. I'm planning on keeping the engine stock besides KTuner and Oil Cooler/Radiator. I do have a 2000 Subaru 2.5RS with a v7 sti drivetrain swap that I may get more serious with but for now i'm really loving my FK7.

Anyways would love any input/feedback from fellow owners about their track experience, especially anyone that is looking to be competitive in time attack or other forms of racing.
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Subscribed. Never had the nerve (or spare budget) to track my daily before, but I like to live vicariously through drivers like you.

bangminah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I started tracking this year and am going to head back to Streets of Willow on 12/30, and hitting Big Willow for the first time in January.

Honda Civic 10th gen Any Non Si/TypeR owners here track their cars? img_7303-

more info on my current setup here. The main things I'm looking to add to my car is oil cooler, FMIC, and radiator mainly for the ease of mind, I don't really notice any issues with heat soak since my lap times have been consistent, but I am on a rather modest basemap. I'm absolutely loving my reverse stagger right now and can't wait to get back to you on the difference at SOW. It's a ridiculous difference from the 16" all seasons. I really do believe in how capable these cars are without that many mods. My friend tested out my car on a track (front bar disconnected, coils, and Type R swaybar only at the time) and was close to matching the times he made in his 9th SI.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@bangminah I suggest the Siri Moto oil cooler with a koyorad core.

bangminah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
@bangminah I suggest the Siri Moto oil cooler with a koyorad core.
Definitely what I’m eyeing, just waiting until I can snatch all three on sales and install them at once. I really don’t want to take off the bumper more than once, it’s a bit daunting to me despite fussing around with my suspension all the time :oops:

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Definitely what I’m eyeing, just waiting until I can snatch all three on sales and install them at once. I really don’t want to take off the bumper more than once, it’s a bit daunting to me despite fussing around with my suspension all the time :oops:
It's quite simple, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
seems like you got a very decent set-up in mind. as far as tracking, anything to help regulate temps should be in your mind, FMIC from PRL would be a good addition to keep your IAT in check. You already got brakes and suspension, next would be lightweight wheels and stickier tires. You'd probably be able to shave 3-5 sec with a good wheel/tire set-up. I'm slowly working on my track set-up, car only has 3k miles and we're moving and buying a house this summer but I do plan on attending track days hopefully next year. Please let us know how that BBK holds up to track abuse, wondering if I go to it or just buy a good disc and pad set(or switch to 8th gen SI) as I have to use the car in winter and my 16" wheels won't clear the BBK.
Sponsored