Any motorcycle riders here?

MattLodi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport+
Country flag
Sweet bike man, nakeds must be really fun on track.

I am seriously looking at the BMW f900r right now. The price tag is appealing...
Thank you! Yes, nakeds are really fun on tracks, the problem with this kind of bike is that you are not fast on the straights, making difficult to safely overtake slower rider on corners if they have a 600/1000cc supersports. They'll smash you on the straight and then they'll block you at the next corner and so on...
With an Aprilia Tuono V4 it would be a different story ?
Sponsored

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Thank you! Yes, nakeds are really fun on tracks, the problem with this kind of bike is that you are not fast on the straights, making difficult to safely overtake slower rider on corners if they have a 600/1000cc supersports. They'll smash you on the straight and then they'll block you at the next corner and so on...
With an Aprilia Tuono V4 it would be a different story ?
The Aprilia is a great bike, CycleCruza got one lol.

Yes, you can't beat the aerodynamics of a supersport haha

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
is it easy to learn? Been thinking about getting a bike for about 2 years now. Always wanted a Kawasaki.
The R3? Super easy and fun to ride, even for experienced riders. It has enough punch to have fun in the twisties and be really forgiving. Gonna be selling it for a new bike really soon ;(

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Wow what a nice collection of bikes y'all have! Love them all. I grew up with motorcycles and was riding on the streets legally at age 16. Lost my brother in a motorcycle accident about 10 years later and gave it up shortly thereafter. But then back in 2015 I started getting the itch again, however, I still didn't feel safe riding on the streets. I've always been into bicycles and started researching electric bikes. I ultimately decided to go with the top dog, the Stealth Bomber. I've had it exactly 5 years now and have racked up close to 5k miles on it. Easily the funnest toy I've ever had the pleasure of owning. It's so discreet that most people would never know it goes 50mph because it makes absolutely no noise. It's built like a tank and has been extremely reliable.

Honda Civic 10th gen Any motorcycle riders here? 0io28aMl

MattLodi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport+
Country flag
is it easy to learn? Been thinking about getting a bike for about 2 years now. Always wanted a Kawasaki.
It is not difficult, at the beginning it is really helpfull to follow a skilled rider, not a fast rider, but one who has the right lines on the twisties. Once you'll have the right lines, the speed will come automatically.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very cool. I've wanted to have a small bike/big scooter to putt around on but I got turned off on it with all the military stuff where I was too intimidated to start by just getting a starter bike and putt-ing around just to learn... and was never ready to dive in and do the courses to be able to 'officially' ride... and don't have friends I do stuff w/outside of work that ride either so... shrug... it never came to be. It's amazing what a bike is capable of compared to a car.

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
You can take a class from the DMV. I rode Yamahas for 20 years and for my last bike drank the cool aid and got a 650r- was the only one I regretted lol. It handled well. My favorite was the FZ6.

heresick

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Hatch MT
Country flag
1984 custom Honda Sabre
Similar to the Honda V4 Magna from the same era

it’s a 750cc monster, that was professionally built, fabricated, and restored from its former glory to a cafe racer. that being said, off the line it can’t keep up with those sport bikes.

ive had several sport bikes, but wanted the more “retro” style (it’s cheaper too)

My older brother had testicular cancer when I was 7 or 8 (He’s okay now)
and every year I do the Distinguished Gentleman’s ride, where retro bikes and dapper riders mount up in their sundays best for a cruise.

they end up raising millions worldwide for men’s health issues.
It’s just a fun weekend toy

Honda Civic 10th gen Any motorcycle riders here? 1D5DC377-9083-42C7-8A0A-451ED45E766F

View attachment 236547

View attachment 236548

Honda Civic 10th gen Any motorcycle riders here? 802A1307-D6FC-4A6D-94D8-48E5913B110A

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I started with a Chinese 150cc scooter that I really enjoyed, other than being too tall for it, so I looked even goofier than normal. It was a lot of fun to go exploring on because it wasn't terribly fast, it was very light, and would stop from full speed in about 20 feet, so if I saw something neat I could slam on the brakes and check it out and a tiny turning radius helped too!

Honda Civic 10th gen Any motorcycle riders here? scoot1

Now I have a 2004 Honda VTX1300 that is pretty nice, but other than having a flat rear tire, I haven't ridden in a couple years. My buddy ran into a cop that decided to turn into him off a side street without looking and messed him up decently. He's ok now but that put a bit more fear than what I already had in me, and took away a riding partner. I would imagine I'll get back on the horse at some point, because it is really fun, if sometimes terrifying.

Honda Civic 10th gen Any motorcycle riders here? bike

I'm actually interested in getting another scooter but probably a bigger one, like a Burgman 600cc, I think?

Be safe, y'all!