Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Top 3 faves:

-FBO setup - this is kind of a package deal since they're all designed to do the same thing, which is to dramatically improve airflow. Custom tune from IMW (the TSP OTS is also great) - takes advantage of the new airflow.

-KTuner V2.0 - really ties together everything above. If you're not flashing for the track and/or going for eye candy then the V1.2 makes more sense. A nice device running TunerView Lite perched atop the infotainment system was one of my favorite setups, made me feel like I was piloting the Crew Dragon. But the Bluetooth issues were too much trouble for me, so I upgraded to the wired solution which has the added advantages of a much steadier data stream, more convenient flashing, and more convenient data logging, if that's what you're into.

-Michelin PS4S (or just appropriate tire setup for what you're doing) - literally the only thing touching the road, no brainer there.

Top 3 "ragrets":

-+38 offset on a 9.5in wheel - too much work to get it perfect, I should've gone with 42ish, did not need that much poke. Feels like the offset and wider wheel choice has affected the scrub radius, which results in a little more twitchiness under load, especially combined with the extra power. That plus having to roll the bumpers, fender mod, etc. A wider stance in general is worth it overall, though.

-Any side markers OTHER than SUMA - I've tried 4 different sets already, SUMA is the best. Fight me.

- Not investing in professionally done ceramic when I bought the car - the paint is notoriously crap, so I really wish the first thing I did was a legit professionally done correction and full body coat of ceramic. If you like regularly banging your head against a brick wall, then you're gonna LOVE tryna keep this CBP paintjob clean.
Sponsored

TPDxSI

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Least favorite: waiting 9 weeks and counting for my invidia R400 catback lol
Most favorite: all the Acuity bits + pedal spacer, or lighter rims (konig dekagrams) with Michelin PS4S tires

ATX_Si

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe (gone). 2018 Accord EX-L 1.5t (gone) 2020 Audi Q3 S-Line. 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
Country flag
So far everything I've done has been 100% worth it. I know what I want out of my car and have picked my mods to make sure I get to where I want to be. KTuner w/ TSP stage 1 brought the car to life. Got that in a package deal on here with the PRL "stage 1" intake upgrade, at least it looks better than the stock tubing under the hood lol I've also gone with the acuity shifter base bushings (massive upgrade over stock), the acuity centering spring, sirimoto short shift adapter and a handful of different shift knobs. the tightened shifter coupled with the extra power makes the car such a joy to drive.

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
  • Lighter wider wheels + UHP tires (I've got a second car for the cold/winter months anyways)
  • Tune
  • Honda Hack + TunerView

• Switchback LED side markers (mixed results with my set, and weather conditions)
The switchback LED markers I got through ProCivic are nice...when they work. Problem is, they are not fully 100% sealed, and moisture tends to get into the housing over time. Given I am right at the west coast, by the water, humidity is 60% ~ 80% year round. Eventually, the side markers will get filled with moisture, and fail...the connector gets corroded, etc. I've already fouled 2x sets of side markers, and 1x set of side marker bulb connector/sockets. Taking precautions on my current (third set), and taking the due diligence to seal them 110% myself....fingers crossed.
(FYI props to ProCivic for helping me out with this issue, great customer support)

The factory Canadian/US orange side markers just throws the look off...

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Favorite mod, its a toss up. Really love the hfp suspension for my daily commute. Acuity has been great as well.

Least Favorite. Going cattless. Its just a little much for me personally. Its loud and aggressive but just a bit more then I need. Tonic yellow is loud enough without a cannon out the back end.
(I'll be swapping with a buddy in the spring trading my cattless for his catted)

Crough

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
The only mod I "regret" at this point is my RV6 (catted) downpipe. There was zero gain in power. The exhaust note is actually quieter, and deeper - so it does sound better IMO - but it was not at all worth the price of the part and install. That's probably my own stupid fault, because the only way you're going to get real power from a downpipe mod is to go catless - but you live and learn I suppose. I just didn't want my daily to smell like a Tijuana Taxi and was trying to avoid cabin drone.

Everything else (detailed list here) has been well worth the time and money to install.

I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on the acuity shifter assembly, and this thread is making me feel like I won't regret that decision.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The only mod I "regret" at this point is my RV6 (catted) downpipe. There was zero gain in power. The exhaust note is actually quieter, and deeper - so it does sound better IMO - but it was not at all worth the price of the part and install. That's probably my own stupid fault, because the only way you're going to get real power from a downpipe mod is to go catless - but you live and learn I suppose. I just didn't want my daily to smell like a Tijuana Taxi and was trying to avoid cabin drone.

Everything else (detailed list here) has been well worth the time and money to install.

I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on the acuity shifter assembly, and this thread is making me feel like I won't regret that decision.
Sometimes mods like catted DPs won't have much of a net gain, but it changes the hp/torque curves and you get more usable power. Did you have your car dyno'd at all before and after the install? And I'm suprised that it made your car quieter!

Crough

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes mods like catted DPs won't have much of a net gain, but it changes the hp/torque curves and you get more usable power. Did you have your car dyno'd at all before and after the install? And I'm suprised that it made your car quieter!
I did have my car Dyno'd (I have done this after every mod). There were no appreciable gains. I was surprised too - But I will say that a quieter, deeper exhaust note at no power loss isn't a negative thing. It was just not cost effective at all.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I did have my car Dyno'd (I have done this after every mod). There were no appreciable gains. I was surprised too - But I will say that a quieter, deeper exhaust note at no power loss isn't a negative thing. It was just not cost effective at all.
For my next power mod, I was debating on either the RV6 catted DP/FP combo or 27Won's. But may just get an FMIC instead lol. Agree that it may not be cost-effective to get a little change in sound without the added benefit of mo powah

OP
OP
topher_fc3

topher_fc3

First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
For my next power mod, I was debating on either the RV6 catted DP/FP combo or 27Won's. But may just get an FMIC instead lol. Agree that it may not be cost-effective to get a little change in sound without the added benefit of mo powah

Same thoughts here. Might bump the intercooler up over the down pipe/front pipe mod as I wanted to stay catted too.

Great info y’all. Keep em coming.

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
at the moment i gotta say my maperformance street exhaust. it was used and the v-clap was extremely bent. i am on d2 lowering springs and my exhaust has been nothing but problems. it was always coming off when i would drive. so i had to weld it. gotten a alot better lol. some time in the near future i do plan on getting the HKS exhaust. the way the muffler on the maperformance exhaust sits at an angle. does sound great!

OP
OP
topher_fc3

topher_fc3

First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
at the moment i gotta say my maperformance street exhaust. it was used and the v-clap was extremely bent. i am on d2 lowering springs and my exhaust has been nothing but problems. it was always coming off when i would drive. so i had to weld it. gotten a alot better lol. some time in the near future i do plan on getting the HKS exhaust. the way the muffler on the maperformance exhaust sits at an angle. does sound great!
That’s a bummer you had those problems.

I’m getting the HKS hi power exhaust installed this afternoon. I’m pumped!

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
That’s a bummer you had those problems.

I’m getting the HKS hi power exhaust installed this afternoon. I’m pumped!
congrats! let me know how you like it! you live and you learn! lol i was fortunate to buy my exhaust for cheap. but those headaches are not worth it.

bnb0523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Faves: Ktuner and wheels/tire setup

Regret: cheap all-season floor mats
Sponsored