2.0L Any machine/exhaust shop folks

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Curious if there's anyone on here who does custom exhaust who would be willing to PM to discuss crafting a custom exhaust solution? I want to have a 2.5-3" pipe attached to the RV6 downpipe, resonator delete, that splits to two mufflers, similar to the Touring or Sport editions. Preferably oval mufflers to ensure ground clearance, maximize flow, and minimize the drolling ricer sound at high rev. Are there other options I should consider? What mufflers should I be looking into?

The available invidia, magnaflow, and borla kits are much louder than I'd like. There's a GReddy muffler that has the sound I'm looking for, so I'm wondering if doubling up will give the audible results I'm looking for. What would be the fabrication/labor cost that I can expect from a local shop, minus the cost of the mufflers?

I'm also considering a replacement rear diffuser that allows for additional ground clearance. Something like this:
Honda Civic 10th gen Any machine/exhaust shop folks Screenshot_20180408-230741_eBay

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP
a c i d.f l y

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
It is definitely doable. I've seen several custom builds, but they're all muffler and resonator deletes. Local shops are quoting me $800. I finally got and installed that diffuser and it looks nice, but it's missing the pipes...

Honda Civic 10th gen Any machine/exhaust shop folks 20180510_190919

Honda Civic 10th gen Any machine/exhaust shop folks 20180510_191017

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Curious if there's anyone on here who does custom exhaust who would be willing to PM to discuss crafting a custom exhaust solution? I want to have a 2.5-3" pipe attached to the RV6 downpipe, resonator delete, that splits to two mufflers, similar to the Touring or Sport editions. Preferably oval mufflers to ensure ground clearance, maximize flow, and minimize the drolling ricer sound at high rev. Are there other options I should consider? What mufflers should I be looking into?

The available invidia, magnaflow, and borla kits are much louder than I'd like. There's a GReddy muffler that has the sound I'm looking for, so I'm wondering if doubling up will give the audible results I'm looking for. What would be the fabrication/labor cost that I can expect from a local shop, minus the cost of the mufflers?

I'm also considering a replacement rear diffuser that allows for additional ground clearance. Something like this:
Screenshot_20180408-230741_eBay.jpg

Thanks in advance!
I'm with you on that. The Invidia, Magnaflow, and Borla kits are just too loud for me, but i'm also looking up to have a nice looking setup that sounds decent but has no drone and isn't attention seeking loud. I heard that the flowmaster DBX mufflers are made for 4 cylinder cars though...

LegendaryElite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX w/ Sensing
Country flag
It is definitely doable. I've seen several custom builds, but they're all muffler and resonator deletes. Local shops are quoting me $800. I finally got and installed that diffuser and it looks nice, but it's missing the pipes...
This is the exact same setup I'm looking at, but I don't really want to spend over $550 or so on the exhaust and diffuser. Seems like the best option for now is to save $300 more lol
btw how long did it take you to put on the diffuser? Did you take the whole rear bumper off? And would you mind share the link of your diffuser since there are so many different sellers selling the similar item? Thanks.