Any known California dealers who will sell CTR for MSRP?

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
2020 or 2019? While I was shopping for my Si a month ago, I decided to poke at some 2019 Type R's on the foolish, off chance that the year-behind model would be under MSRP. I only found a couple of dealerships around the LA/OC area willing to let go of the 2019 at MSRP...some were still as much as 8k above.

I think Car Pros Honda El Monte gave me a quote right at MSRP for a 2019 model.

jmarvzz

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R
Country flag
All i gotta say is good luck.... I tried calling so many dealers, drove to so many dealers since some won't tell you the price over the phone. I ended up settling for 2k over sticker and ZERO add ons. I was happy with that. Good luck with purchase

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, just buy out of state to save time and headache. Sooner you'll be enjoying your Type R instead of dealing with unethical dealers in CA. The car is worth it. Use uship.com or Montway for transport.

Ask for Matt Minnich and put down a deposit for the next allocation. No markup.

Apple Honda
1313 Kenneth Rd, York, PA 17404
(717) 848-2600

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ask for Matt Minnich and put down a deposit for the next allocation. No markup.

Apple Honda
1313 Kenneth Rd, York, PA 17404
(717) 848-2600
LOL. That's where I live and Apple Honda is about 5 miles from me. I never see any Type R's there but they might sell them as fast as they come in. I can't even get an Si from them. I think they are allergic to manual trans cars. Anyway, if I can facilitate anything let me know.

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
Just to add my 20 cents re the auto sales industry in SoCal and how mark ups have been going on for several decades in my experience. Back in 1999, was looking to buy a brand new Odyssey because we were expecting our first child. This was the Honda model and not the rebadged Isuzu Oasis.
Long story short, all the dealers from San Diego to the Ventura County line were adding exorbitant price increases several k over MSRP. I recall explaining to one sales rep that this is a family hauler and not a fancy S2K. Bottom line, he said the Ody’s were hot and they are going to jack up the prices.
Since this was the .com boom, I found a website based out of Texas and ordered a 2k Ody EX for 99 invoice and had it flatbed delivered from Louisiana to my front door without any additional charge. Granted it was the largest online order in my life and very nerve racking, it went very smooth.
The dealer even fedex me a check overnight because the tank was empty during the transport.
Unfortunately, the website suddenly shut down several years later. I hate to say it like everyone else here but the adm’s are going to be added especially here in SoCal. Some of us have been lucky enough to score one at sticker and even below so keep on hunting or purchase out of state. Good luck.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another local dealer is Faulkner Honda, 2008 Paxton St, Harrisburg, PA 17111. Ask for Dino DiFrancesco, [email protected]. He has already sold several MSRP CTR's in the area, including Apple's turf of York, Pa.

OP
OP

WAM74

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 SI
Country flag
I was concerned over shipping costs with an out of state purchase. One post above said they covered it but somehow I doubt that's the norm. Was guessing maybe a couple bucks a mile?

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll drive it out to ya and you can fly me home. lol

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was concerned over shipping costs with an out of state purchase. One post above said they covered it but somehow I doubt that's the norm. Was guessing maybe a couple bucks a mile?
Don’t guess. Get a quote:

uship.com

OP
OP

WAM74

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 SI
Country flag
From that site, around $1000. Don't know if dealerships have other options.

donutroidz

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I technically just paid MSRP plus "accessories" which equaled out to 2k over MSRP. Included trunk mat, theft whatever it is, "finishing touch" which IDK what that means, and some other BS of clear bra for your doors.
I did it to save the hassle of going out of state and waiting.
I did get dicked around by the dealership because I look young, and they thought I didn't have money.

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type-R, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
I paid 1.5 on top for mine (Bay Area). Was the best I could find anywhere near me without having to go out of state (which I maybe should have done?)
Sponsored