Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your using a STOCK Si genius - a swapped Si wont have the same weights because you are adding weight mostly to the front and weight bias says nothing about handling

The dual axis front sus counters the deflection loads your going to encounter putting down high power and laterally loading up the suspension

Your weak ass stamped steel baby nuts lower control arms are nowhere near the strength or design of the forged aluminum knuckle/control arm design the R uses

You are cluless how the suspension on a Type R works kid - you are comical for sure - Im sure you believe your Si delivers tofu faster than an R too lol

Lukcily I am a local so when you are ready to get gapped Ill meet you at Buttonwilow when my motor is finshed - RV6 needs more roadcourse data for the turbo Im beta testing for them so two birds with one stone sounds good.
Funny how I have all my parts listed and you just talk. Convenient that your motor is down.
LOLOLOL my car, stock? Click a pic Jr.

also, its "you're" ....genius.
Sponsored

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Funny how I have all my parts listed and you just talk. Convenient that your motor is down.
LOLOLOL my car, stock? Click a pic Jr.

also, its "you're" ....genius.
I posted that I was building the motor with TR2 cams, ported head and leaving the stock sleeves alone as the car is my daily. Simple piston/rod upgrade for the bottom end to spin the motor to 8200 on ferrea valvetrain

I made 566/434 on 32.5psi on RV6s new drop in turbo that will be released soon - should make 610-630ish depending how efficient the hotside is with the added exhaust volume. My 2000s should support around 600ish but given the rpm ill be spinning it to Ill probably be running a port setup to feed it to 8200. This and the new p700 should be an interesting comparison - p700 made 640 but cant rev high due to the smaller hotside/backpressure wall going well past 2:1 over 7000rpm

Valves have been on backorder but hopefully we find a set to throw in.

Youll see the results soon enough.

T.Silver

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stop and listen to yourself....if a $1300 set of coilovers were all that was needed to improve the suspension, do you really think any company would invest the R&D on any other solution? Do you think that no one else would have tried it and said "wow this makes this Type R level"?
Thats how much I picked my full coils up for.

Stop and listen to yourself, are you saying OEM is better than aftermarket parts?
Unless you're saying your factory Type R suspension is so good, I'm surprised whiteline even makes parts for your car. I guess spoon, hks and fortune auto all wasted their time.

But please, take a few moments and read the previous comments. The ones with your snooty R buddy spoke about how weak and crappy the Sis shocks were. I agreed. And also stated you can replace them and with additional add ons you can make it more competitive with the R. Dont get me wrong, Im just a slow Si owner and admit my full inferiority to your R-ness.

So to clarify,
With the paired addition of an EDFC, rigid collars, spoon subframe, sway and strut bars to a coilover system would make a competitive set up.

Last edited:

T.Silver

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I posted that I was building the motor with TR2 cams, ported head and leaving the stock sleeves alone as the car is my daily. Simple piston/rod upgrade for the bottom end to spin the motor to 8200 on ferrea valvetrain

I made 566/434 on 32.5psi on RV6s new drop in turbo that will be released soon - should make 610-630ish depending how efficient the hotside is with the added exhaust volume. My 2000s should support around 600ish but given the rpm ill be spinning it to Ill probably be running a port setup to feed it to 8200. This and the new p700 should be an interesting comparison - p700 made 640 but cant rev high due to the smaller hotside/backpressure wall going well past 2:1 over 7000rpm

Valves have been on backorder but hopefully we find a set to throw in.

Youll see the results soon enough.
Cool buddy.

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Thats how much I picked my full coils up for.

Stop and listen to yourself, are you saying OEM is better than aftermarket parts?
Unless you're saying your factory Type R suspension is so good, I'm surprised whiteline even makes parts for your car. I guess spoon, hks and fortune auto all wasted their time.

But please, take a few moments and read the previous comments. The ones with your snooty R buddy spoke about how weak and crappy the Sis shocks were. I agreed. And also stated you can replace them and with additional add ons you can make it more competitive with the R. Dont get me wrong, Im just a slow Si owner and admit my full inferiority to your R-ness.

So to clarify,
With the paired addition of an EDFC, rigid collars, spoon subframe, sway and strut bars to a coilover system would make a competitive set up.
Go back and read
I said the control arms/knucle design - not shocks

The suspension geometry is based on the placement of the knucle relative to the control arm - in a fwd car where drive loads are involved you will have loading - by seperating the travel of the shock and the angle of the knuckle axis - you prevent torque steer and allow the suspension to do its job while the car puts down power

The more power you add the difference in those designs becomes more pronounced
Its simple physics

No shock, brace, collars will change the geometry or the traction limitations of a design that will torque steer - period

The Si cannot be retrofitted with an R front sus which is why I made the move to an R knowing I wanted to be able to put down 500+whp on the street

This isnt an RS teg vs Type R teg issue where you can swap over parts and upgrade the base model to come 99% the same.

Watch the vid so you can the differences for yourself

T.Silver

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dont want to retrofit a type R's "sus". I want something better that is tunable and adjustable. Made for my chassis. Theres a KIA Soul from NvUs racing division with a stock engine that races buttonwillow. Lol he hangs in the corner all gdamn day with ctrs. Superior handling is not unobtainable or overly expensive. I'll give you his insta when I get home so you can see for yourself.
PS, video on this page isn't viewable on Agency computers. I'll watch it later.

*Your kind and encouraging words in the copied comments from your posts listed below, these are what I am referring to......

"I owned an Si for 4 years - there is no comparison to an R - even if you can pull it off cheap (not likely) youre still limited by the suspension of the Si which is puny by comparison to an R.

Your weak ass stamped steel baby nuts lower control arms are nowhere near the strength or design of the forged aluminum knuckle/control arm design the R uses

You are cluless how the suspension on a Type R works kid - you are comical for sure - Im sure you believe your Si delivers tofu faster than an R too lol " -speedyserg

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
I dont want to retrofit a type R's "sus". I want something better that is tunable and adjustable. Made for my chassis. Theres a KIA Soul from NvUs racing division with a stock engine that races buttonwillow. Lol he hangs in the corner all gdamn day with ctrs. Superior handling is not unobtainable or overly expensive. I'll give you his insta when I get home so you can see for yourself.
PS, video on this page isn't viewable on Agency computers. I'll watch it later.

*Your kind and encouraging words in the copied comments from your posts listed below, these are what I am referring to......

"I owned an Si for 4 years - there is no comparison to an R - even if you can pull it off cheap (not likely) youre still limited by the suspension of the Si which is puny by comparison to an R.

You are cluless how the suspension on a Type R works kid - you are comical for sure - Im sure you believe your Si delivers tofu faster than an R too lol " -speedyserg
lol You have no idea what you are saying - one day when you understand basic suspension geometry youll understand how silly you sound

Type R Jose runs 1:45s at Buttonwillow right now with about 450whp - can you link me to this Kia that runs 1:45s - thanks lol

T.Silver

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lol You have no idea what you are saying - one day when you understand basic suspension geometry youll understand how silly you sound

Type R Jose runs 1:45s at Buttonwillow right now with about 450whp - can you link me to this Kia that runs 1:45s - thanks lol
William Au-Yeung runs 1:38.967s at Buttonwillow right now. - his insta is tylercombs12 - youre welcome lol
(see what I did there)

Since you and your conveniently broken down car with pretend parts cant complete a good lap time, I can see why you would ...shift the burden onto another driver with the actual parts in his car and has a knack for driving.
As the KIAs engine is stock, I can see why you're afraid and have to theoretically pit him against a higher modified car than your own. lol come on kid, grow up and quit getting others to fight your battles.

Lets chalk it up this way, I dont understand suspension geometry and you dont understand basic math. But I DO understand that you didn't have the talent or know how to build an Si and had to buy a faster car to overcome your inability. Have fun in your blue fk7.

Last edited:

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A type r engine can go into a civic si or fk7 no problem. It’s been done. It’s a great idea. Doesn’t matter if it doesn’t make sense financially. It’s the art of “tunerism” and up to the car owner to do what makes them happy. It’s the act of modding, the feeling of accomplishment, and the quest for knowledge that’s all rewarding. The process and journey might be more pleasurable than the final product.

I don’t think you need motec pursay you might be able to use Haltech or AEM?

Axles are available as this swaps been done.

Wiring you may have to do some custom work but hey, that will be fun!

Maybe we need to make some custom mounts! But is it that big of deal?

Last edited:

Dawsfc3

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
love these threads. fun to guess who's the bull shitter, i have my bet down.
there is no reason to not to do the swap, but i would not do it to a si.
Why not ? Especially if you want swap into a coupe. Hell si’s should have came with the 2.0t.

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
In the future a unmolested si will have a premium. Specially the coupe. On the other hand a lx 6 spd coupe, ... made for the swap.

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
The Type Rs front suspension cannot be replicated on an Si - its counter productive from both a performance and cost perspective
If your worries about insurance costs - you cant afford to play with cars at this level

The Si has a moon roof - not a sunroof - theres a difference

Tires - he would spend more as the single axis front sus would eat tires more than an R

The R is heavier because its got larger brakes. larger motor, larger trans, chassis reinforcement etc - if you add these to an Si it gain weight. just like an R

The suspension/handling/traction envelope is enough to ditch the Si if you want a k20c1 - it already comes in a better car for less money than what it would cost you to replicate it - So far only the Accord 2.0 has been swapped in - same fueling strategy which makes the swap alot easier
If the type r suspension can bolt up to the hatch, there’s no reason it can’t on a sedan or coupe. I’d imagine you’d need everything but the type r suspension more than likely can be fitted in a si
Sponsored