dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I just wanted to get some feedback from those who have been running the CAI (not the short ram) for awhile now.

Has anyone run into problems like hydrolocking, not getting enough air flow etc.? I see its tucked pretty far down and I'm worried about it sucking in water in rainy conditions.
Sponsored

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I just wanted to get some feedback from those who have been running the CAI (not the short ram) for awhile now.

Has anyone run into problems like hydrolocking, not getting enough air flow etc.? I see its tucked pretty far down and I'm worried about it sucking in water in rainy conditions.
If you’re worried about that, try the 27Won. DO NOT get Injen.

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
pookie, do you feel that the injen had something to do with your engine blowing up by throwing off the fuel trims?

i have a mishimoto intake and i even worry abt the fuel trims with that intake although its probably ok as most mishi products are high quality.

but those injens are doo doo.

laz's SI

First Name
Lazaro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civi SI 4 door/ 2017 F-150
Country flag
I haven’t had it on for too long but I like it , I have the race MAF , I have the Ktuner for the race Maf
If you buy it , make sure you know what to buy the street or race maf

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Haha well
pookie, do you feel that the injen had something to do with your engine blowing up by throwing off the fuel trims?

i have a mishimoto intake and i even worry abt the fuel trims with that intake although its probably ok as most mishi products are high quality.

Well I can’t say for sure but I know that it contributed to the af ratio being thrown off. I think the Injen Intakes pull up to like12% more fuel just to compensate if you’re stock or on just a basemap and our injectors are maxed out after 40% cycle duty. It could have been many different reason including me racing the hell out of it for 2 years straight. I raced anyone. Eventually I stopped racing 4 bangers unless they were modded like the turbo RSX I kept up with. I think my engine just had enough and committed mechanical Suicide lol.

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si sedan, 2016 Honda pilot
Country flag
I've been running my prl Cai since February and I can honestly say that I haven't had 1 problem. In fact I love it... It breathes perfect, no hydrolock (I live in SE Louisiana, prone to flooding) and if you want more air just notch out a few spots in the fake grill with a dremel.

OP
OP
dark_knight097

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks for all the feedback

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

@racer can engine blow just using the cobra cai ?

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Quick question pookie did you engine blow because of the fuel trim due to the intake?
That’s hard to say. There was a lot going on with my car and to pinpoint it to my intake being the reason would be a heavy accusation.

dldaves

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
whats the differences between street and race idk nothing bout intakes I just like the sound it makes sounds refreshing to me lol I also have ktuner with tsp1 tune thinking bout buying a prl cold air intake its up there price wise imo whats other alternatives
Sponsored