Any issues with installing window visors over chrome delete vinyl?

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
I want to get some window visors and I also want to do a chrome delete. Are there any issues with installing the visors right onto the chrome delete vinyl? Just wondering if maybe it won't adhere as well to vinyl (or maybe it actually sticks better, I dunno).
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I want to get some window visors and I also want to do a chrome delete. Are there any issues with installing the visors right onto the chrome delete vinyl? Just wondering if maybe it won't adhere as well to vinyl (or maybe it actually sticks better, I dunno).
Shouldn’t be an issue as long as you get a quality brand vinyl. If you get a cheap eBay one then you might have some lifting and the visor will come along with it if it is adhered to the vinyl

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
I'm thinking if a shop was doing both the chrome delete and visor install at the same time.
They would leave the vinyl off the areas the visor adhesive attaches.
I'd call and ask. Most those guys use their cell phones for business.

OP
OP
HalfBreed

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
I'm thinking if a shop was doing both the chrome delete and visor install at the same time.
They would leave the vinyl off the areas the visor adhesive attaches.
I'd call and ask. Most those guys use their cell phones for business.
I plan on doing both myself. Pro Civic has a set of visors that also comes with pre-cut pieces of vinyl to cover up the leftover exposed chrome after installing the visors. I'm just being cheap and struggling to stomach the $22 shipping for it. Lol. That brings it all to almost $100. Which I guess isn't terrible for quality visors and pre-cut vinyl pieces. Maybe I'll just suck it up and order from them, since it seems to be the easiest way to go.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
I plan on doing both myself. Pro Civic has a set of visors that also comes with pre-cut pieces of vinyl to cover up the leftover exposed chrome after installing the visors. I'm just being cheap and struggling to stomach the $22 shipping for it. Lol. That brings it all to almost $100. Which I guess isn't terrible for quality visors and pre-cut vinyl pieces. Maybe I'll just suck it up and order from them, since it seems to be the easiest way to go.
Are the visors more for looks? I've never experienced having visors.
Do they cause more wind noise? I remember having a roof rack that caused a lot of wind noise.
Thanks,

OP
OP
HalfBreed

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Are the visors more for looks? I've never experienced having visors.
Do they cause more wind noise? I remember having a roof rack that caused a lot of wind noise.
Thanks,
A mixture of both looks and function. I've always liked keeping the window cracked, so they help during rainy weather. As for wind noise, I don't see many complaints of it from others who have them on their Civics. I've had random brand window visors on other vehicles and never noticed a huge increase in wind noise.

jarvm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si Sedan
Country flag
I bought the chrome delete vinyl and mugen style visor (no chrome piece vs oem) on ebay. Vinyl got delayed so I ended up installing the visors first. When the vinyl finally arrived, I had to cut parts of it to only cover the remaining chrome that were showing. Took multiple attempts to trim the vinyl properly. Both came out to around $62. If you do go with this route, I recommend installing part of the vinyl (only on the area where the chrome will still show even with the visor installed plus a small overlap) on the front first before putting on the visors.

OP
OP
HalfBreed

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
I bought the chrome delete vinyl and mugen style visor (no chrome piece vs oem) on ebay. Vinyl got delayed so I ended up installing the visors first. When the vinyl finally arrived, I had to cut parts of it to only cover the remaining chrome that were showing. Took multiple attempts to trim the vinyl properly. Both came out to around $62. If you do go with this route, I recommend installing part of the vinyl (only on the area where the chrome will still show even with the visor installed plus a small overlap) on the front first before putting on the visors.
Would you happen to have links to the visors and vinyl you used, by chance?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
No issues. I have done this with my '19 Si Coupe.
Sponsored