Any issues so far (fit & finish/panel alignment etc)?

mycivicisalemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
New owners.... has anyone had any panel alignment or fit and finish issues (or any other issues for that matter) with their Civic X?

Just wondering if there's any first model year wrinkles to iron out still. Thanks in advance.
Brother if you see my posts its almost all about panel alignment and fit and finish issues. This car is littered with QC issues because Honda (at the moment) is more concerned with $quantity$ (sale records @ 36,000 cars per month) than quality (couldn't give a frogs fat ass what ever you think about their fit and finish).
Sponsored

mycivicisalemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I was just looking at my Touring today and noticed it was having the same popping issues as yours. Should I make an appointment with a dealer?
Make an appointment with the bodyshop instead cause that is where Honda will be sending it to fix (lol...a new car in the bodyshop...lol)

mycivicisalemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Funny I just posted about this today my hood is not flush dealer is sending it to the body shop on Wednesday first pic is before dealer tried to realign and second is after I took it to the dealer
LMAO...your new car is going to the bodyshop. Wait...what am I laughing at....so will mine :(

mycivicisalemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Another member posted an issue with the fit being off on the front driver's side fender, under the headlight being nudged up too much. I hope Honda's taking note.
The only notes Honda is taking right now is their sales records. They couldn't give 2 **ck right now brother.

mycivicisalemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Holy that is pretty bad. Hopefully this is not a more widespread QC issue at the plant. Anyone else notice any weird panel alignment/gaps issues?
Mine is littered with them. I called Honda (Dec/15) headquarters to express my concerns and never heard back from them. I guess they are to busy counting $$$...my $$$

mycivicisalemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Funny I just posted about this today my hood is not flush dealer is sending it to the body shop on Wednesday first pic is before dealer tried to realign and second is after I took it to the dealer
Keep in mind when the crack the paint (un-bolt) that that would be a perfect spot for a rust spot. Trust me.

mycivicisalemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Just checked my vin it start with 19X so that indicates it was the Indiana plant while I was at the dealership I noticed a grey ex-l that had a similar hood alignment issue unfortunately I didn't take a picture or checked the vin
The misaligned cars are coming from the Canadian plant. I am so disappointed with my fellow countrymen. :(

mycivicisalemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Who knows I'm going back on Wednesday to drop off the car so they can fix it at their body shop should get it back Friday afternoon at the latest. I will keep you guys posted think I should ask for anything as compensation ?
LOL...new cars in bodyshops. Shame on you Honda for selling your soul to the devil (traded quality for quantity). Right now they are more proud for breaking sales record than what people think about their quality. Take a REAL GOOD LOOK at your car if you if you don't believe me.

David

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring (Lunar Silver)
Not sure if this fits in this thread, but this weekend I found a paint problem that has me pretty irritated. It's not something that grabs your eye from a distance, but once you see it you can't unsee it:
Honda Civic 10th gen Any issues so far (fit & finish/panel alignment etc)? chi

That's a paint defect (about 1/8" diameter) near the leading edge of the front passenger door, not far from the mirror. Thought it was just another waterspot before I took a closer look. Looked to me like something chipped the clearcoat, and maybe someone tried to fill it in with touchup paint (it's not really recessed). Guy at the body shop said it looks like a defect from the factory, some kind of contamination. It's obvious there's no clearcoat on that spot, so something needs to be done. Dealership service manager took a pic to send to Honda, though I haven't heard back yet so I don't know what they're going to do.

Anyone have any advice on what resolution I should be hoping/pushing for? If it's a choice between a local, but visible fix (e.g. a bit of clearcoat touchup), or ending up with a non-factory (IOW body-shop) paint job on the door, which would you pick? I'm under the impression that factory paint/clearcoat would be more durable than what a body-shop could do, and I tend to keep my cars for a very long time.

dtccivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
My trunk was not aligned - i could fit a few fingers on the left side vs none on the right side. (OK, i have skinny fingers)

The dealer fixed it, but now when the trunk opens all the way, there's a "klank" sound on the right side. <sigh>

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
I realigned the hood today as I waxed her...and I noticed a lot of imperfections in the soft rubber moldings. Also the wiper cowl is deformed on the driver's side. Pic coming soon...

Last edited:

cslaughter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic 1.5 EX-T
Had the hood realigned by the dealer on Friday, among a few other things they had to fix..... They were going to do the trunk, but warned that other problems like squeaks could arise if they fix it. After getting the car back I noticed the paint on the fender where it meets the hood, is now cracked and pealing away. So it looks like the dealer trying to fix one problem created another and it sounds like the trunk will lead to more problems.

I must say this is not ok. I bought a new car, I do not find it unreasonable to get a vehicle free from manufacture defects. I do understand that things might not be 100% at first. But now my new car needs a visit to a body shop to try and fix damage that was caused trying to make the vehicle how it should of come from the factory. Unacceptable. I did not buy a used or proto type car, therefore I should not be subject to a lower value on my vehicle because it has been repaired by a 3rd party. The paint will never match... it may be close... but it will never match.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Had the hood realigned by the dealer on Friday, among a few other things they had to fix..... They were going to do the trunk, but warned that other problems like squeaks could arise if they fix it. After getting the car back I noticed the paint on the fender where it meets the hood, is now cracked and pealing away. So it looks like the dealer trying to fix one problem created another and it sounds like the trunk will lead to more problems.

I must say this is not ok. I bought a new car, I do not find it unreasonable to get a vehicle free from manufacture defects. I do understand that things might not be 100% at first. But now my new car needs a visit to a body shop to try and fix damage that was caused trying to make the vehicle how it should of come from the factory. Unacceptable. I did not buy a used or proto type car, therefore I should not be subject to a lower value on my vehicle because it has been repaired by a 3rd party. The paint will never match... it may be close... but it will never match.
What...tech did not know his job.

cslaughter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic 1.5 EX-T
What...tech did not know his job.
Not sure, but it turns out there is also a dent in the hood too. And then... 3 days after getting the computer upgrade to fix the variable RPM problem...... my wife starts the car and half the gauges on the dash do not come on. Combine that with the walk away auto lock not working correctly, and we are really getting discouraged with the vehicle.

I setup a twitter account and tweeted @HondaCustSvc to ask what was up the hood and trunk alignments from the factory on the 2016 Civics. They responded and a couple of days later finally someone contacted me after I re-tweeted that they didn't contact me yet as promised. From the conversation with the corporate rep, I was not impressed. He seemed more interested in what the dealer did wrong and whom, and if, the dealer contacted someone in corporate, or tech line about the various problems with the vehicle. It was as if somehow the dealer was responsible for the factory defects, and they had not done right. Far from what I would expect, and far from what I felt the dealer was doing about the various problems. The problem started at the factory, and therefore the problem rest with the factory. The dealer is simply trying to make right where their engineers and factories failed. Yes, damaged did happen at the dealership, but, if the vehicle's hood and trunk were aligned properly at the factory, I would have at least 2 less visits to the shop, and no body work done on the vehicle. So.... Honda.... I, am in, noway, impressed by your response.
Sponsored