Any issues so far (fit & finish/panel alignment etc)?

Revver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Subaru Legacy SE Sedan
New owners.... has anyone had any panel alignment or fit and finish issues (or any other issues for that matter) with their Civic X?

Just wondering if there's any first model year wrinkles to iron out still. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

hondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex 2012 Odyssey Lx
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Funny I just posted about this today my hood is not flush dealer is sending it to the body shop on Wednesday first pic is before dealer tried to realign and second is after I took it to the dealer

Attachments

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, that is pretty extreme. How'd it get past the plant inspection. Do you know where it was produced.

OP
OP

Revver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holy that is pretty bad. Hopefully this is not a more widespread QC issue at the plant. Anyone else notice any weird panel alignment/gaps issues?

hondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just checked my vin it start with 19X so that indicates it was the Indiana plant while I was at the dealership I noticed a grey ex-l that had a similar hood alignment issue unfortunately I didn't take a picture or checked the vin

Ethan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3 GT 6 speed
When checking the 2016 Civic out at the dealer, this was one of the things that caught my attention immediately and I usually don't notice these things. It's especially noticeable on the WOP cars.

palindrome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX Alabaster Silver
Funny I just posted about this today my hood is not flush dealer is sending it to the body shop on Wednesday first pic is before dealer tried to realign and second is after I took it to the dealer
I wonder if the problem was due to some hood mounting bolt not being tightened properly. The alignment may have been good at the factory. Then when the dealer raised and lowered the hood a few times, it may have moved due to loose mounts. In that case, they only need to re-align it and torque the mounting bolts. Just a guess but I don't see how it could leave the factory like that.

hondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Who knows I'm going back on Wednesday to drop off the car so they can fix it at their body shop should get it back Friday afternoon at the latest. I will keep you guys posted think I should ask for anything as compensation ?

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Do you have a picture of the whole hood before they tried to align it?

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
No problem man, just wondering what part of the hood was misaligned. Is it near the windshield on both sides or down further? I'm just wondering so I know what to look for since I probably wouldn't have noticed it, lol! Beautiful car by the way!

hondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's on the driver side near the windshield I didn't notice it till 3 day later as I was getting ready to wash it for the first time. Thanks every where I go I get at least one or two people either complimenting me on the car asking a bunch of questions and take pictures.

firstblud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Another member posted an issue with the fit being off on the front driver's side fender, under the headlight being nudged up too much. I hope Honda's taking note.

OP
OP

Revver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the issues people are having seem to just be cosmetic so far? Anyone experiencing anything issues other than hood/panel alignment?

supcontrast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I'm experiencing a bit of an issue at around 70-80mph on the freeway. The car seems to stutter every once in awhile kind of like light quick jolts. Very noticeable and am not sure what it could be. EX-T model.
Sponsored