Any experience with buddy club steering wheel?

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
I had the carbon/black leather steering wheel. It installed and fit like OEM. The grips had more girth than stock, and best of all it got rid of red leather. The flat bottom is thinner than stock.

The only reason why I sold mine is I upgraded to Mugen, otherwise I would have kept it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Any experience with buddy club steering wheel? 17F32E7F-8993-48F3-B803-B742A6A34B2A

OP
OP
TypeRNY

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I guess it’s a matter of personal taste because I was looking at the one with the red leather and carbon. I think it adds some nice flare. Why did you end up going with the mugen?

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
I guess it’s a matter of personal taste because I was looking at the one with the red leather and carbon. I think it adds some nice flare. Why did you end up going with the mugen?
I liked the dry carbon look over the gloss. It matches the dash better.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I liked the dry carbon look over the gloss. It matches the dash better.
I bought a matte carbon wheel with red leather. Should be here Monday. Not from BuddyClub, but looks very close. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was from the same factory.

OP
OP
TypeRNY

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I bought a matte carbon wheel with red leather. Should be here Monday. Not from BuddyClub, but looks very close. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was from the same factory.
Awesome! where did you get it from?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Awesome! where did you get it from?
IS_Autogroup (Instagram). They do custom stuff. Haven’t received the wheel yet, but they sent me a proof. Buttons and trim aren’t included (for show purposes).

Honda Civic 10th gen Any experience with buddy club steering wheel? 38CB7620-8F03-4A77-9F77-AE70CE2D2E25

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the carbon/black leather steering wheel. It installed and fit like OEM. The grips had more girth than stock, and best of all it got rid of red leather. The flat bottom is thinner than stock.

The only reason why I sold mine is I upgraded to Mugen, otherwise I would have kept it.

17F32E7F-8993-48F3-B803-B742A6A34B2A.jpeg
Do you have a pic of your Mugen wheel installed? That is the one i want to buy.

OP
OP
TypeRNY

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
IS_Autogroup (Instagram). They do custom stuff. Haven’t received the wheel yet, but they sent me a proof. Buttons and trim aren’t included (for show purposes).

38CB7620-8F03-4A77-9F77-AE70CE2D2E25.jpeg
I checked out their page, i actually really like what theyve got goin on. I DM'd them for pricing! Thank you so much!

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I checked out their page, i actually really like what theyve got goin on. I DM'd them for pricing! Thank you so much!
Nice. You’ll find something you like for sure. It’s possible that they use a similar factory as Buddy Club, so keep that in mind (the shaping/grooves of the leather looks identical to Buddy Club).

OP
OP
TypeRNY

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

38CB7620-8F03-4A77-9F77-AE70CE2D2E25.jpeg
Did you finally receive your steering wheel!? Wondering what your thoughts were!?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Did you finally receive your steering wheel!? Wondering what your thoughts were!?
I did, I think I put a post in the "what did you do thread". I might write something up later on. The quality from the materials down to the stitching is as good as stock if not better. The quality of the leather is a few steps above stock; I had issues with flaking on my stock wheel and the stock leather felt kind of "sticky", the new wheel doesn't feel that way which is nice. I remember when I first came from my '15 Camry to the Civic I wasn't a fan of the leather the Civic used. Ergonomics is upgraded almost entirely with beefier handgrips (though I'm neutral in terms of size since I have small hands) and the grooves on the top of the wheel for your fingers. The matted CF is absolutely gorgeous though and the customization I selected goes well with my interior. I've attached 3 photos below.

Edit: the only thing that caught me off guard was the fact that the wheel itself was about 2x heavier than stock (2.5lbs -> 5lbs). It does change the steering feel and feedback from the wheel. The only way I could describe it is like a weighted shift knob. Reduces feedback, harder to initially get moving, but once it gets moving it says in movement with little effort.

Edit 2: it is actually built off of an aftermarket core. I originally thought it was an OEM core, but that appears to not be the case. The quality seems good though.

Honda Civic 10th gen Any experience with buddy club steering wheel? Interior2

Honda Civic 10th gen Any experience with buddy club steering wheel? Front_med

Honda Civic 10th gen Any experience with buddy club steering wheel? Finger_grooves

Last edited: