Any DIY guides on replacing the horn?

dtccivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
My EX-L is a replacement for my 15 year old Y2K E46 (Rest In Pieces). I drive in a place with a lot of distracted drivers. I miss my German horn.

Are there any easy DYI guides on replacing the horn?
Sponsored

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
My EX-L is a replacement for my 15 year old Y2K E46 (Rest In Pieces). I drive in a place with a lot of distracted drivers. I miss my German horn.

Are there any easy DYI guides on replacing the horn?
I just got a universal dual-horn set. I will post up some notes on replacement whenever I get around to doing the swap (knowing me, it could be awhile :-/ ).

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Came here to ask this exact question. The horn on this car is beyond anemic, looking to replace it with something you can actually hear.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agree, usually I like to keep a car stock but the Civic horn isn't going to get noticed by anybody. Not that I use it a lot but when I do it would be nice if it was heard.

Will watch this thread with great interest.

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Agreed, I will certainly install a better horn once members on here figure out a good option.

My2016Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing - Modern Steel Metallic / Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It sure IS a horribly wimpy, mousy horn. It reminds me of the old Road Runner cartoon. Meep Beep!

Last edited:

regularguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX w/sensing, 16 Civic EX
Country flag
I too expect to succumb to the urge to replace this horn before too long. Completely forgot to test it until I got home from the dealership. Sorely disappointed that Honda left this old embarrassment on the "all-new" civic.

drex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Here's the one I got. Not sure if I'll need more power / relay yet.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00029XGQ4
Have you confirmed that the horns will fit in the available space for the stock horn? I've read many posts that past versions of the Civic had just enough room for the stock horn and many replacements wouldn't fit. Thanks!

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
Have you confirmed that the horns will fit in the available space for the stock horn? I've read many posts that past versions of the Civic had just enough room for the stock horn and many replacements wouldn't fit. Thanks!
I have not tried to install them yet. One reason being that I am still trying to get things with the head unit fixed, so I don't want to give the dealer any reason to hand-wave my problems away. I can hear them now, "That problem with your phone not connecting over BT is definitely caused by that aftermarket horn you installed."

ctdemonet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Has anyone actually replaced their horn yet? I went digging around my civic LX and couldn't find the stock horn (didn't take off the front bumper)
Would love to know what horns can take the place of the stock (like college Hills, etc) for easy plug and play

micha3lwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CBP EX-T, 2013 CRV EX
Country flag
Will replace the wimpy stock horn this weekend as well as install 2.5K fog light bulbs. Stay tuned for a DIY