Any 2020 Civic Type R arrived at dealerships?

NX211

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Somehow I was able to snag a 2020 BB with vin assigned and paperwork signed. (Dealer was allocated 3) with the COVID shutdown any idea on how long the wait will be? In southern California... Sounded like they are just waiting on delivery. Asked for updates but nothing yet.
Sponsored

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Are you guys getting them at MSRP? Dont pay over MSRP

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Did the Swindon factory already open? or the continued with the closing due the virus? they said last time, opening was set for this past Monday.

Rottboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 BB CType R; ''17 Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe; 15 Honda Fit LX Manual; '14 MB G550;
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
........................mine is at the train port.........................in Calgary.......won't see mine till next week.......
If your in Calgary, it will take 3 to 5 working days for the car to be unloaded from railcar and then trucked to dealer. You'll be happily driving your '20 CTR by the end of April, if not by next week. Don't forget to post pics!!!

.........was able to snag a 2020 BB with vin assigned and paperwork signed..........any idea on how long the wait will be?......
All depends if the car has been built. The dealer should be able to tell from the "Honda Sold Order - VIN Tracking" report they can generate. With your deposit and signed Bill of Sale, demand a copy!!! It will show the exact location of your assigned vehicle. If at UK port, I'd figure, at least a month.

Us guys are fortunate to get the FK8 color we are seeking. UK Swindon plant was planning to resume production last April 6, but postponed to April 14th. Additional extensions would further delay the supply pipeline.

...........Are you guys getting them at MSRP?..............
Speaking for myself, yes at MSRP. Be reminded that I have waited 6 years with a deposit down. Let them have my earmarked '17, '18 and '19 CTR's which they surely made a handsome return. They also owe me for interest earned! LOL!!!

That said, paying MSRP, a bit more or discounted, to me is relative. It depends how much driving a CTR means to each individual. After payment and delivery are done, the moment one is driving out of the dealership, money spent becomes a non-issue. It's time to enjoy the machine for what it is!!!

Although Canadian dealers abide by MSRP, when it comes to the CTR or any low volume, in-demand vehicle, the majority will tack on accessories, fees, surcharges etc..... Can't blame them. They're in the business to make a profit.

Last edited:

islander670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (Sold), 2019 Clarity, 2020 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Somehow I was able to snag a 2020 BB with vin assigned and paperwork signed. (Dealer was allocated 3) with the COVID shutdown any idea on how long the wait will be? In southern California... Sounded like they are just waiting on delivery. Asked for updates but nothing yet.
What was the markup if you don't mind me asking.

NX211

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
What was the markup if you don't mind me asking.
Mark-up was $2,000 and no dealer add ons. Except i decided on the factory alarm... for now. $1,250, i had them add the protection package mats no charge ?. Just worried car could get stolen and I like that i could find the car using my phone. Etc... If i don't like it (or if anyone has better options/ideas) when i pick up the car going to have them remove the alarm and charge.

The best deal i could find within a 500 mile radius was the same plus extras adding up a ton. Called every dealership and ones were trying to mark up 2019 the same. Might have been able to score a better deal but in the end I'm happy i got the color i wanted and the dealership was easy to work with. Some of the others scoffed at me over the phone and email like i was calling an exotic sports car dealership in Dubai. ?

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
There's now 46 2020 CTRs listed for sale on autotrader.com, including this newly listed BB in TX:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...List=HONDA&searchRadius=0&clickType=spotlight

There are 193 total brand new CTRs listed for sale in the US on Auotrader, down substantially from the high of ~750 units late last summer/early fall 2019.

Used and new 2017-2020, only 425 listings on Auotrader.

I don't think ADM is going away anytime soon based on these numbers

NYR2424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Markup was about $3,000 (added package) for a 2020 at a dealership in Maryland. Put $2,000 deposit in. Car was suppose to arrive April 8th. Waiting to hear from my salesman on delivery.

islander670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (Sold), 2019 Clarity, 2020 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mark-up was $2,000 and no dealer add ons. Except i decided on the factory alarm... for now. $1,250, i had them add the protection package mats no charge ?. Just worried car could get stolen and I like that i could find the car using my phone. Etc... If i don't like it (or if anyone has better options/ideas) when i pick up the car going to have them remove the alarm and charge.

The best deal i could find within a 500 mile radius was the same plus extras adding up a ton. Called every dealership and ones were trying to mark up 2019 the same. Might have been able to score a better deal but in the end I'm happy i got the color i wanted and the dealership was easy to work with. Some of the others scoffed at me over the phone and email like i was calling an exotic sports car dealership in Dubai. ?
Wow that is a great deal. I assume near you? Other places near me want close to 10K. They won't come down because they know the next person will buy it. Thanks for the reply and Congratulations!

NYR2424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Wow that is a great deal. I assume near you? Other places near me want close to 10K. They won't come down because they know the next person will buy it. Thanks for the reply and Congratulations!
You an Isles fan living in SoCal? LOL.