Any 2020 Civic Type R arrived at dealerships?

Dejavu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
onda's website will c
Didn't discuss financing. Honda's website will cover any financing incentives they have going on which any and all would likely exclude the Type-R.
Definitely agree with you. It is a little far fetch at the moment but hopefully we do get some deals from Honda for CTR in the near future.
Sponsored

Bonesy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Just MSRP and sales tax For me is $40,839 + filing fee $207.50 = $41,076.75.

37990 * 5.75% = 40,174.43 + 207.50 = $40,381.93

that’s sticker plus sales tax and filing fee only. Sales tax varies state to state and county to county in some states.

Response to dealer fee was:

“The dealer fee covers destination and delivery, the dealerships mortgage and light bill, the receptionist, the lawn guy, full tank of fuel and full detail”

Honda doesn’t load these up from the factory with accessories or options the only factory option is wheel locks on this one.
That dealer fee explanation only stacks up if they pay honda the MSRP for the car.

If they pay honda less than MSRP for each car, then that is the margin they should be using to cover operating costs.

TilleR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Brickell Honda (Miami) currently has a Boost Blue on the lot, according to Autotrader.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That dealer fee explanation only stacks up if they pay honda the MSRP for the car.

If they pay honda less than MSRP for each car, then that is the margin they should be using to cover operating costs.
completely agree

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag

The dealer fee is profit - be it used for expenses or not. This is a common/regular fee. The objective is to look at the total cost (less taxes and reg as this a function of the state, not the dealer). Seems as though dealers want to keep the dealer fee as a line item of the deal. Then just have the dealer reduce the cost of the car to get you to your acceptable total price. If they can’t/won’t get to your acceptable price, go somewhere else.

Bonesy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
The dealer fee is profit - be it used for expenses or not. This is a common/regular fee. The objective is to look at the total cost (less taxes and reg as this a function of the state, not the dealer). Seems as though dealers want to keep the dealer fee as a line item of the deal. Then just have the dealer reduce the cost of the car to get you to your acceptable total price. If they can’t/won’t get to your acceptable price, go somewhere else.
And you appreciate what an MSRP is? It's interesting that in other countries dealers follow MSRP, but in the US they don't. Or at least, not on all cars.

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
I may have posted this in the wrong thread already, but this is the deal I got on Friday on a CW2020, hopefully this helps someone; I just said to any dealer I spoke to "I think paying MSRP is fair"

MSRP with destination $37,990
Plus Dealer/Admin Fee $799 = $38.789
Plus VA Tax and License Fee $1,821=$40,610

islander670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (Sold), 2019 Clarity, 2020 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Brickell Honda (Miami) currently has a Boost Blue on the lot, according to Autotrader.
Tried talking to them via online chat and soon as I gave them the stock number I was inquiring about, the conversation went dead. No reply, nothing. I stayed for a minute or two kept asking if anyone was there and no answer. I had the vin looked up by a friend of mine and he said the PDI hasn't been done yet. I assume they don't have anyone to do it yet due to the lock down. They could at least said it's not ready during the chat. Not to be negative, but maybe they could be holding it for someone too.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And you appreciate what an MSRP is? It's interesting that in other countries dealers follow MSRP, but in the US they don't. Or at least, not on all cars.
Right. In the US, probably safe to say that most cars don’t sell at MSRP. I suppose we look at MSRP as ‘full retail’.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I may have posted this in the wrong thread already, but this is the deal I got on Friday on a CW2020, hopefully this helps someone; I just said to any dealer I spoke to "I think paying MSRP is fair"

MSRP with destination $37,990
Plus Dealer/Admin Fee $799 = $38.789
Plus VA Tax and License Fee $1,821=$40,610
Nice! Ya, that certainly seems fair for a 2020, even in these uncertain times.

islander670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (Sold), 2019 Clarity, 2020 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

TilleR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hold out a little longer for MSRP fellas. I've had a couple dealerships change their mind about 2020 mark-ups already.

Dejavu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
Hold out a little longer for MSRP fellas. I've had a couple dealerships change their mind about 2020 mark-ups already.
Not to mention possible incentives, rebates coming most likely in May or later on.
Sponsored