Any 2020 Civic Type R arrived at dealerships?

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can speak in regards to a Nissan - a VIN is available once one is assigned to a specific build, it doesn’t mean the build has even began just states the builds info.
Sponsored

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Doesn't look like a dealership's pictures. Maybe one for auto reviews? Where is it suppose to be located at sale? We already know some exist from auto shows only shown in Boost Blue or Phoenix Yellow LE. Also where's the presence of the red trim on the wheels and body kit looks almost non existent especially on wheels and side skirts, although that could be a PDI need to uncover.

Last edited:

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Doesn't look like a dealership's pictures. Maybe one for auto reviews? Where is it suppose to be located at sale? We already know some exist from auto shows only shown in Boost Blue or Phoenix Yellow LE. Also where's the presence of the red trim on the wheels and body kit looks almost non existent especially on wheels and side skirts, although that could be a PDI need to uncover.
I saw those pics on Facebook group, it was posted by what looked to be a worker at a dealership. You can see a bunch of Honda's in the pictures with no plates, too. Also, there was more pics on Facebook, and it showed the wheels up close with the red trim. I think it gets washed out in the further away pics for some reason.

typer_pusha

First Name
TARIK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 TYPE R
Country flag
Wassup guys. This is Mr. Green. I'm in the Atlanta area and I work at a Honda dealer. Not here to start any drama and push any sell tactics on anyone. Just here to give any insight on the new 2021 Civic Type R LE or any other year Civic Type R for that matter! Look forward to speaking with everyone!

bulbasaura

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Wassup guys. This is Mr. Green. I'm in the Atlanta area and I work at a Honda dealer. Not here to start any drama and push any sell tactics on anyone. Just here to give any insight on the new 2021 Civic Type R LE or any other year Civic Type R for that matter! Look forward to speaking with everyone!
Whats your thoughts on the Swindon plant being currently paused and with people that have placed orders on the 2020 R?

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My insight to you is to start selling your current Type R inventory at or near invoice before Georgia starts statewide lockdown like 5 other states. I’m surprised not more states have implemented this measure (selling Type Rs at invoice).

typer_pusha

First Name
TARIK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 TYPE R
Country flag
My insight to you is to start selling your current Type R inventory at or near invoice before Georgia starts statewide lockdown like 5 other states. I’m surprised not more states have implemented this measure (selling Type Rs at invoice).
I can't speak for other dealers because all of us move differently, however, I don't see the Type R being sold that low. It's not a vehicle that's mass produced like the Accord or Pilot. Most dealers only see about 2 or 3 a year. That's less than the Honda Insight!

typer_pusha

First Name
TARIK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 TYPE R
Country flag
Whats your thoughts on the Swindon plant being currently paused and with people that have placed orders on the 2020 R?
Sounds about right. Even with placing orders, nothing is a lock. Honda will send you what they can. All you can do is request....

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R 2020 4Runner 2019 Camry 2011 Accord
Country flag
I can't speak for other dealers because all of us move differently, however, I don't see the Type R being sold that low. It's not a vehicle that's mass produced like the Accord or Pilot. Most dealers only see about 2 or 3 a year. That's less than the Honda Insight!
Indeed, dealers in my area are still selling for above msrp and they are selling even with all this going on. But for anyone getting something around invoice I'm jelly.

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Swindon closing for longer than anticipated could mean our FK8's are going to be rarer than previously thought...
Sponsored