Rusoman

First Name
Jairus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SE
Country flag
Does anyone here ever felt your oversteer being stopped by the car's braking system? It happens to me a lot in the snow, whenever my rear starts to slide out, I could hear and feel the rear brakes activating and then my car would stop sliding, it was pretty cool, it made me drive faster cause I know I won't spin out. I wonder if all civics do this? Its like a cheat code lol.
Even if I turn off my traction control by one level it still do it. (I haven't tried turning off the TC all the way though to see if it will still work)
Sponsored

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
Do the pedal dance. Nothing kicks in then.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
All civics are like this, the pedal dance is the only way to remove it but then you have nothing kicking in at all except ABS so be careful. Found last winter that if I turn a corner at a certain speed and with a certain load the TC would let the rear slide out sometimes(25%) and do a fake hand brake turn. Since I got this car I actually have to drive more careful in winter since I don't have access to the hand brake, the electric park brake auto engages the ABS when you're rolling so it's useless to help you get out of an understeer situation.

OP
OP
Rusoman

Rusoman

First Name
Jairus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SE
Country flag
It was just the Electronic Stability Control.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I once hit a wall of snow left by a plow on the highway in my RWD 330i. The car started fishtailing bad, and the stability control slowly straightened the car out. It was eerie. I'm very good with rear drive in snow but not sure I would have pulled out of that one without it.

burgermeister

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 6MT
Country flag
I don't consider it a cheat code - I think it is really intrusive when the stability control kicks in. It seems overly aggressive. Also it does not seem to recognize that opposite lock has already been applied, and it then fights the driver's inputs.
The Civic does seem to have a relatively loose back end, compared to other cars I have owned. I wonder if the suspension is set up this way on purpose to make the car feel more neutral, and the stability control is expected to keep things in check during a 'moose test' or similar?

OP
OP
Rusoman

Rusoman

First Name
Jairus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SE
Country flag
I don't consider it a cheat code - I think it is really intrusive when the stability control kicks in. It seems overly aggressive. Also it does not seem to recognize that opposite lock has already been applied, and it then fights the driver's inputs.
The Civic does seem to have a relatively loose back end, compared to other cars I have owned. I wonder if the suspension is set up this way on purpose to make the car feel more neutral, and the stability control is expected to keep things in check during a 'moose test' or similar?
I like the way the Civic behaves, loose back end, not much understeer, makes turning easier.
Sponsored