Anti-oversteer

Rusoman

First Name
Jairus
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic SE
Country flag
Does anyone here ever felt your oversteer being stopped by the car's braking system? It happens to me a lot in the snow, whenever my rear starts to slide out, I could hear and feel the rear brakes activating and then my car would stop sliding, it was pretty cool, it made me drive faster cause I know I won't spin out. I wonder if all civics do this? Its like a cheat code lol.
Even if I turn off my traction control by one level it still do it. (I haven't tried turning off the TC all the way though to see if it will still work)

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
Do the pedal dance. Nothing kicks in then.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
All civics are like this, the pedal dance is the only way to remove it but then you have nothing kicking in at all except ABS so be careful. Found last winter that if I turn a corner at a certain speed and with a certain load the TC would let the rear slide out sometimes(25%) and do a fake hand brake turn. Since I got this car I actually have to drive more careful in winter since I don't have access to the hand brake, the electric park brake auto engages the ABS when you're rolling so it's useless to help you get out of an understeer situation.

Advertisement

Advertisement