Anti lag-update

BlackedoutFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ktuner update is out with anti lag and flex fuel. Anyone else already update and play to use the anti lag setting?
Sponsored

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Version 1.0.6.7
Civic 1.5T/Si - US, Canada, Mexico

• Native Flex Fuel Support With Our Flex Fuel Converter

• Anti-lag For Manual Transmission

• Additional Part Numbers Receive The New Rev Hang Disable

• Rev Hang Disable Not Active Below 2000 RPM, For Smooth Stop And Go
    09-13 Fit

• Additional Disables
KTunerFlash V2 Firmware Update 1.0.7

• Ethanol Content Support For CivicX

• Updated For Software Version Changes
    General

• Ethanol Content Logging Enabled For CivicX

• Additional Graphing Items

• Additional Scatter Plot Items

Zed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6MT FK7 (Sold), 991.2 Carrera S, 3rd Gen Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I want to enable it, but not sure what to set Ign. Target to yet

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I've enabled already. You'll notice it between shifts on acceleration. It will also register as a knock, kock control does not go up from it. I think there was a setting to disable it being registered, but I'll have to go back in and check.

OP
OP
BlackedoutFC1

BlackedoutFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've enabled already. You'll notice it between shifts on acceleration. It will also register as a knock, kock control does not go up from it. I think there was a setting to disable it being registered, but I'll have to go back in and check.
What did you set your ignition to?

OP
OP
BlackedoutFC1

BlackedoutFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What did you set your ignition to?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I left it at the 0°. didn't know what to change it too so didn't touch it. Hopoing @KTuner dedicates a thread to this update :rolleyes:, it was a big update. or maybe there is one and I can't find it :doh:

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I know you usally want to decrease. Retard and send some of that explosion down the exhuast. If that's the case, how much decrease Idk

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Figured I’d share for others.

Anti-Lag System, also known as bang-bang, is an engine management technique that minimizes turbo-lag.

Turbo systems can exhibit what is known as turbo-lag, which is the time needed for the turbocharger to gain enough speed for the compressor wheel to pressurize the intercooler, tubing and intake-system of an engine.

The amount of turbo-lag or time, depends on many factors such as rotating-group inertia, how well the componenets in the system work together, back-pressure before and after the turbo, engine (volumetric) efficiency, camshaft spec, etc. . In race cars it is common to fit relatively large turbochargers in order to produce enough airflow to provide desired engine output. Big turbochargers can display significant amounts of lag (on small displacement engines) due to their increased rotational inertia. The lag-issue, is partly dealt with by fitting a turbo with a Dual, Ceramic Ball Bearing System in the center section, such as the system produced by Innovative Turbo Systems. Another helpful addition is the bypass valve or dump valve, which operates during part-throttle or when the driver lifts. These valves will help reduce the load on the turbo and allows it to free-wheel, keeping the rotational speed higher – thus reducing turbo-lag. In race cars where immediate torque and engine response are critical factors, most applications can benefit from the use of anti-lag systems.

How ALS works:
The ignition timing is retarded with 25-30° or more and the air/fuel mixture is made richer at low throttle opening and low load. With the ignition timing delayed, the air/fuel mixture reaches the exhaust tubes mostly unburned and because the exhaust system’s temperature is higher than the flash point of the air/fuel mix, the unburned fuel explodes in the exhausttubes. The turbo is accelerated by the increased temperature/pressure and the rotational speed of the turbo is kept high. While ALS is engaged, full boost is available the moment the throttle is opened.

Some downsides:
An immediate increase in exhaust gas temperature (800°C to 1100°C+) whenever the system is activated puts greater demand on all turbo-system components - reliability becomes a major concern; the turbocharger and exhaust-manifold tubing must be made with the best available materials, driving the cost higher. ALS is prohibited from use in certain racing series.

Source: Honda Civic tech forums

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hi Guys! Glad you're eager to get started with the new features.

"Anti-lag" only works at a standstill above the Minimum RPM value since it's meant for launch control only. The Ignition Target should be something negative in order to build boost. A value of 0 will disable the feature. Start small (-5 for instance) and work up to what builds the amount of boost you want off the line. I will be adding this info to the help as well.

OP
OP
BlackedoutFC1

BlackedoutFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi Guys! Glad you're eager to get started with the new features.

"Anti-lag" only works at a standstill above the Minimum RPM value since it's meant for launch control only. The Ignition Target should be something negative in order to build boost. A value of 0 will disable the feature. Start small (-5 for instance) and work up to what builds the amount of boost you want off the line. I will be adding this info to the help as well.
Thank you!! Track day on Sunday and excited to test this feature

OP
OP
BlackedoutFC1

BlackedoutFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I noticed 3 knocks but knock control staying right at .49

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Yeah I noticed 3 knocks but knock control staying right at .49
Same here. Tho it's supposed to be a launch control from a stop. I only saw the knocks in between shifts. Did you see the same?

OP
OP
BlackedoutFC1

BlackedoutFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same here. Tho it's supposed to be a launch control from a stop. I only saw the knocks in between shifts. Did you see the same?
Yup.
Sponsored