First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those are sooooo cute!!!! Where did you get those? Are those like Barbie doll hats?!?
? Nope, not Barbie hats! In the UK there's a charity called AgeUK, they encourage people who knit to knit and send in the little hats, which then get put on to Innocent fruit smoothies sold in supermarkets. AgeUK gets 25p from each sale then to the charity. So, good cause, fruity drink and bobble hat for the car, win win. ?

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Didn't want to deal with these little hats in Canada ourselves when the temps in the summer can get to 100+f inside when the car is parked, and in the winter below 0f. Lots of great knobs out there, we carry the ACUiTY offerings, and Mishimoto's Carbon Fiber knob after testing them in both seasons without any concerns, and really enjoying the shifts too! Testing a few other knobs for next year as well :)

https://unity-performance.com/search?q=knob

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is this 'cold' weather' I keep hearing about? it is hot enough here in AZ to remove flesh about 7 months of the year. Ideas: 1. Oven mitts- I have a cool pair that look like gloves 2. Tongs(?!) 3. Just replace the OEM shifter with one of those two foot tall levers used in rally cars. While you're at it, might as well swap out the electric e-brake for a hand brake so you can make this thing drift! It already rotates nicely. But I digress.
Seriously, I usually just use a clean handkerchief until it cools down. Not ideal, but there you go.

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
gloves do
sparco gloves. keeps hands warm in winter and cool in summer
Gloves don't keep hands cool in the summer....

As for the original topic. I bought a carbon fiber shift knob to avoid the whole super cold and hot shift knob problem

AdamSI

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
gloves do

Gloves don't keep hands cool in the summer....

As for the original topic. I bought a carbon fiber shift knob to avoid the whole super cold and hot shift knob problem
mine do there breathable alpinestars dune 2 gloves. Thanks.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Anti-burn device for your knob DF91EFFA-D1FE-423D-AD88-1B44102A7922

Heheh yes Alpine Stars ftw. Such a great fitting breathable glove. Started wearing them to get used to them on track days... now I use them all the time. Works great for the shift knob and also to grip a CF steering wheel, which is slippery.

mine do there breathable alpinestars dune 2 gloves. Thanks.