Ansix Auto No-drill License Plate Holder for FK8! 15% off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
i got it..its pretty good just hope you have someone with small hands helping u.
I have small hands so the install for me is quite perfect. Even with the 15% off, 10% of it will cover the taxes so basically it's only 5% off the product which comes out to just under $15 off the total price.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ansix Auto

Ansix Auto

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2017 NSX
Country flag
I have small hands so the install for me is quite perfect. Even with the 15% off, 10% of it will cover the taxes so basically it's only 5% off the product which comes out to just under $15 off the total price.
It comes out to $80.75 shipped to the US with the offer code. We don't charge tax as we ship from Canada. Haven't heard of anybody getting charged tax on these upon delivery but it could happen. And yes, skinny fingers make this much easier. We are currently developing something for other brands/models that will be easier to install. :)

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
It comes out to $80.75 shipped to the US with the offer code. We don't charge tax as we ship from Canada. Haven't heard of anybody getting charged tax on these upon delivery but it could happen. And yes, skinny fingers make this much easier. We are currently developing something for other brands/models that will be easier to install. :)
I was looking at other offerings on the web in terms of non-drilling solutions, and your engineering design comes out the best. The only weak link that I see from the entire setup would probably be the suction cups as they may unstick themselves off the bumper over time. I see this same issue regarding the suction cup on my dash cam. I came back to my minivan to find the dash-cam dangling silly from the USB cable. That was caused by the sun directly hitting the windshield all-day long.

Nonetheless, I think it would probably be OK as it is shielded by the license plate. The suctions are just to support it anyhow and the attaching anchors are from the screws on the grill. I didn't notice that you guys are based in Canada and I think you're right- it should be tax-free!! Yippee!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Ansix Auto

Ansix Auto

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was looking at other offerings on the web in terms of non-drilling solutions, and your engineering design comes out the best. The only weak link that I see from the entire setup would probably be the suction cups as they may unstick themselves off the bumper over time. I see this same issue regarding the suction cup on my dash cam. I came back to my minivan to find the dash-cam dangling silly from the USB cable. That was caused by the sun directly hitting the windshield all-day long.

Nonetheless, I think it would probably be OK as it is shielded by the license plate. The suctions are just to support it anyhow and the attaching anchors are from the screws on the grill. I didn't notice that you guys are based in Canada and I think you're right- it should be tax-free!! Yippee!! :thumbsup:
The suction cups don't stay stuck and although it would be nice if they did, it wasn't ever really the intent. It's just there to keep the plate from vibrating forward and back, potentially damaging the bumper. The suction cups are soft plastic that don't hold dirt as much compared to foam or something like that.

OP
OP
Ansix Auto

Ansix Auto

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just finished assembling a batch of these brackets so they're ready to ship!

Also have some other fits in mind for other makes/models. Took measurements from an FK7 in fact. :cool:

98BB6er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 BB6, '01 BB6 Type SH, '20 FK7 Sport
Country flag
Just finished assembling a batch of these brackets so they're ready to ship!

Also have some other fits in mind for other makes/models. Took measurements from an FK7 in fact. :cool:
I just bought a 2020 FK7 and am searching for a no drill front plate solution. Do you have an estimated time on when the FK7 option would be available for sale?

OP
OP
Ansix Auto

Ansix Auto

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just bought a 2020 FK7 and am searching for a no drill front plate solution. Do you have an estimated time on when the FK7 option would be available for sale?
It's going to be a bit i think... We might do some 3d printed nuts for the fk7 just because we don't anticipate a huge demand for the fk7. I might be wrong but it would get the product out there and test the waters.

NDFong

First Name
Jin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
Country flag
It's going to be a bit i think... We might do some 3d printed nuts for the fk7 just because we don't anticipate a huge demand for the fk7. I might be wrong but it would get the product out there and test the waters.
Any updates? I got pulled over today for no front plates ?at least he let me go. Cop: hey I just want to let you know your plate fell off

OP
OP
Ansix Auto

Ansix Auto

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any updates? I got pulled over today for no front plates ?at least he let me go. Cop: hey I just want to let you know your plate fell off
sorry for the delay. let me get going on it on monday and I'll try and get something for you. :)

OP
OP
Ansix Auto

Ansix Auto

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
great test fit for the FK7. If people want it quickly, the nuts will be 3D printed. If enough interest is found i can CNC machine them like we do the FK8 nuts but I need a pretty high commitment to make it work. Could organize a group buy. Delivery for cnc machined nuts would be 1.5-2 months. 3D printed ones could be available next week. High quality prints with threaded inserts. Functionally identical.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ansix Auto No-drill License Plate Holder for FK8! 15% off! IMG_20201215_195023

Honda Civic 10th gen Ansix Auto No-drill License Plate Holder for FK8! 15% off! IMG_20201215_195147

NDFong

First Name
Jin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
Country flag
I’m down for cnc if we can get a group going. If not 3D printed one is fine too as long as it doesn’t rust! Thanks a million for doing this!

OP
OP
Ansix Auto

Ansix Auto

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Ardizzl3z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2k21 FK8
Country flag
@Ansix Auto Do you have this in stock? I ordered via ansixauto.com but no movement in the order since the day it was ordered

Been hoping to get this soon before I get pulled over for missing plates {knock on wood}

OP
OP
Ansix Auto

Ansix Auto

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
apologies everyone that has orders pending. There was a supply mixup and I received 100 brackets that I was uncomfortable using as finished products (they were warped and not as nice as our normal brackets) so I opted to have them remade by someone else. They're currently sitting at the anodizing shop waiting to get black. I thank everyone for their patience and if there is an issue, please use the contact form on the website for fastest response or message me here.

OP
OP
Ansix Auto

Ansix Auto

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Back to regular business! Got our shipment of components in and I have a handful of brackets ready to ship. Thanks everyone for your patience.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.