Ansix Auto No-drill License Plate Holder for FK8! 15% off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 CTR
Country flag
They're not super challenging to remove. Honestly it depends on how easy you can fit your fingers in your grill. Usually it's about 10 minutes to install once you know what you're doing. First time will most likely be longer. Only need one size hex key (4mm) and a 10mm wrench/socket. Once it's setup, you only need the 4mm hex key to remove/reinstall.
Nice this way I can look good at any shows ;)
Sponsored

Radio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 CTR
Country flag
I am interested in this for the FK8 I will be purchasing, when I bought my '17 Hatchback they pre-installed the holes. Is it the dealership that is drilling these holes in most cases?
YES DEALERSHIPS LOVE DRILLING CARS. If your dealership has any common sense they wont drill a type r though. I just got mine a week ago and of the two dealerships, 3 type r's none of them were drilled and these cars were sitting in their show rooms.

Lyttle

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
YES DEALERSHIPS LOVE DRILLING CARS. If your dealership has any common sense they wont drill a type r though. I just got mine a week ago and of the two dealerships, 3 type r's none of them were drilled and these cars were sitting in their show rooms.
Here is hoping they don't because this would be something i'd snag right away and put on in it's place. I'll try giving them a call, or shooting a text to the sales manager see if when they eventually get it to not.. do that.

Radio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 CTR
Country flag
Here is hoping they don't because this would be something i'd snag right away and put on in it's place. I'll try giving them a call, or shooting a text to the sales manager see if when they eventually get it to not.. do that.
Yes definitely give them a call. Fingers crossed for ya! I'm in USA colorado and we require front plates. From what I hear the "detailing" department are usually the ones to drill and mount every car but since the type r almost always goes on the showroom they may not drill it. Also hope you can get it for msrp or lower! I snagged my champion white for msrp so I was happy about that.

OP
OP
Ansix Auto

Ansix Auto

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2017 NSX
Country flag
BC requires front plates as well (hence the development of the bracket in the first place) and I remember at my first job one of the things I had to do was install license plate frames on every car on the dealership lot I worked at. I have drilled into hundreds of cars and it hurt my feelings every time. ?

I have had a few CTR owners buy one before they pick up the car so they can get it mounted right away. Last week someone local drove right from the dealership to Ansix and got his license plate bracket for his 2020! Save the bumpers!

Lyttle

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
BC requires front plates as well (hence the development of the bracket in the first place) and I remember at my first job one of the things I had to do was install license plate frames on every car on the dealership lot I worked at. I have drilled into hundreds of cars and it hurt my feelings every time. ?

I have had a few CTR owners buy one before they pick up the car so they can get it mounted right away. Last week someone local drove right from the dealership to Ansix and got his license plate bracket for his 2020! Save the bumpers!
I'll be putting in an order for sure, I'm over in Ontario with the mandatory front-plates as well and this is probably one of the coolest options I have seen.

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type-R, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
Hi there, not sure if this has been answered (new member!), but does this work with the new 2020 bumper grills?

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type-R, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
Same, bought one with the coupon. Looks pretty good and well made!

Sbullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Type R
Country flag
Just picked up a 2020 CBP today. Order placed with the discount code, cant wait to try it out! In the meantime, please don't pull me over Haha.

Pdpawlak09

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type-R
Country flag
I got my kit in and wanted to know if I can remove the black plastic spacer on the suction cup screws to make the plate not tilt as much?

OP
OP
Ansix Auto

Ansix Auto

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got my kit in and wanted to know if I can remove the black plastic spacer on the suction cup screws to make the plate not tilt as much?
Yes you can mix and match the spacers to your liking. With those spacers removed you might find that the studs in the suction cups might touch the back of your license plate. It shouldn't be enough to bend the plate or anything but it's something to note and look out for.

because this can be installed anywhere on the grill we gave you some options for hardware. You actually don't have to run the suction cups at all but it might make the plate vibrate and scratch the bumper.

OP
OP
Ansix Auto

Ansix Auto

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just got a ton more parts in stock to make more kits. Place your order now!

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Man these are pricey for a license plate holder ($95). Based on the instruction manual, seems like simple parts that one can make on their own.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
i got it..its pretty good just hope you have someone with small hands helping u.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.