Ansix Auto FK7 No-Drill License Place Bracket!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansix Auto

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2017 NSX
Country flag
EDIT: Ready for order! Site now has the FK7 kit available for order! Follow the link here to grab yours. :D

https://ansixauto.com/no-drill-front-license-plate-relocator-honda-civic-si-2017/

Got an FK7 to test fit on. Turned out great! Looking to see how much interest there is for the FK7. Currently the special fit nuts that go into the grill are 3D printed with a metal threaded insert but if there is enough interest and people are willing to wait, I can make them on CNC like the FK8 nuts. But I would need pre-orders. Could do a group buy. 3D printed ones are going to be functionally the same and ready to ship within a week or so.

For reference of the finished product for the FK8 is here:
https://ansixauto.com/no-drill-front-license-plate-holder-honda-civic-type-r-fk8-2017/

and here is the prototype. Exactly the same, just fits the Si grill properly. Note this prototype is missing the suction cups and the license plate hardware which will be included with the production units.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ansix Auto FK7 No-Drill License Place Bracket! IMG_20201215_195023
Honda Civic 10th gen Ansix Auto FK7 No-Drill License Place Bracket! IMG_20201215_195147

Last edited:

KingOfBrussels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si sedan
Country flag
This looks very cool. Is it good for taking on and off the car quickly? I run no front plate most of the time but I've been keeping my eye out for a front plate mount that can be put on for certain situations where I know I'm more likely to be hassled for no front plate.

OP
OP
Ansix Auto

Ansix Auto

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This looks very cool. Is it good for taking on and off the car quickly? I run no front plate most of the time but I've been keeping my eye out for a front plate mount that can be put on for certain situations where I know I'm more likely to be hassled for no front plate.
this one is easier to take off than the fk8 version because the grill holes are bigger. Once you get the hang of it, removal and install takes a couple minutes and one hex key.

OP
OP
Ansix Auto

Ansix Auto

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For now I think we are going to stick with 3D printed nuts for the grill. They will be made from Carbon Fiber reinforced nylon for great strength and durability. If you'd like to order, just buy the FK8 one and in the notes section of the checkout put your car info and that you'd like it for your FK7. Please ensure your grill shape is as shown. This won't work on other cars!

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really liked it until I saw the price. Seems about 2-3 times what it should be for some plastic and a few bolts.

SonicTyphoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Anyone tried this with PPF installed on their bumper? Getting PPF soon and would love to use this instead of the stock bracket.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone tried this with PPF installed on their bumper? Getting PPF soon and would love to use this instead of the stock bracket.
I don't see any reason it would not work with PPF. I assume you are worried about it not holding the suction cups on but the clamps opposite the cups would keep it attached. I really would not think the cups would come loose more with PPF anyway.

SonicTyphoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I don't see any reason it would not work with PPF. I assume you are worried about it not holding the suction cups on but the clamps opposite the cups would keep it attached. I really would not think the cups would come loose more with PPF anyway.
Agreed and that’s what I was thinking as well. Just wanted to get any first-hand experiences from anyone’s that tried it.

OP
OP
Ansix Auto

Ansix Auto

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Our shop car has had PPF installed since day one and it's a 2017. The suction cups are not meant to stay sucked against the bumper. They're only there to stabilize the plate and keep the plate from rubbing against the bumper. The suction cups usually become unstuck pretty quickly honestly. But they're a nice soft rubber that doesn't really hold dirt so they're ideal for this job.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.