Another Type R Conversion Front Bumper Thread......

rramrattan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How did you deal with the Honda sensing ?
Different person here, but I had to cut part of the fog light area inside of the bumper with a Dremel. Very small piece to cut, and it's on the inside of the bumper - but that ultimately freed up all the room needed for install.

The side of the fog light housing on the bumper is essentially pushing right against the corner of the sensing unit, and that's essentially what you're cutting out for some room
Sponsored

AlphaMata

First Name
Mata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Different person here, but I had to cut part of the fog light area inside of the bumper with a Dremel. Very small piece to cut, and it's on the inside of the bumper - but that ultimately freed up all the room needed for install.

The side of the fog light housing on the bumper is essentially pushing right against the corner of the sensing unit, and that's essentially what you're cutting out for some room
is love to see some up close pics if possible do you have an IG?

rramrattan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
is love to see some up close pics if possible do you have an IG?
I'll try to grab you a pic over the weekend, but I 3M'd the black fog vent in front of that area (for added security because some clips broke), so it might not be easily removable any more to access that area. And yeah I do have one! But it hasn't been updated in forever, once I take some updated shots I'll definitely share

Chris_FC1

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Here’s an update from the type r bumper i ordered from six degree carbon. Coming in from Malaysia took about a month to get to California. Putting all the plastic pieces on was kinda tricky had to lift up the plastic tabs and push it in until I heard it clip. I had to cut a little square where the fog lights where on the top because it was hitting. The fitment for the bumper itself was really good. It was just tight to put it on. It’s been probably about a month since I had it on and had no problems

Honda Civic 10th gen Another Type R Conversion Front Bumper Thread...... 93331515-1DF6-4A8E-9CEA-F5258D6AE4EB

Honda Civic 10th gen Another Type R Conversion Front Bumper Thread...... 891C1C6A-E6FC-4A5C-8853-B5FFFF05919D

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here’s an update from the type r bumper i ordered from six degree carbon. Coming in from Malaysia took about a month to get to California. Putting all the plastic pieces on was kinda tricky had to lift up the plastic tabs and push it in until I heard it clip. I had to cut a little square where the fog lights where on the top because it was hitting. The fitment for the bumper itself was really good. It was just tight to put it on. It’s been probably about a month since I had it on and had no problems
If you like the style, then go for it.

I don't like the bumper because it's not oem, the fitment will get crappy over time where you have huge gap under the headlights and both ends tend to pop out and not flushed with the fenders.

As for the appearance goes, I think it looks like a skinny facial without the wide fenders. The bumper cover itself has to be shrunken down immediately to meet the slim fenders at each end so it looks like it's losing a lot of mass at each side.

Honda Civic 10th gen Another Type R Conversion Front Bumper Thread...... 1600157899192

suthee1

First Name
Suthee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 2020
Country flag
I just ordered my Type R style front bumper from Six Degree Carbon in Malaysia. Everywhere else I’ve been looking at is sold out so I took the risk to order from them. Wait time he said was about 3 weeks to come to California via Air freight. Fingers crossed that everything goes well.

5CDB732B-F40B-48B7-94AA-BD5FECF5538C.jpeg

35CECFE8-E42A-4FC0-BB6F-96AB0C8E6B03.jpeg

ECE0791A-77CF-4448-8B68-F79ABDDB5F6E.jpeg

CFE50200-1B9B-45A0-9CDB-9880E8117771.jpeg

AE24619B-AAA8-4AF4-BCEA-C947F91E9C57.jpeg

2161CB27-B4FD-4CE2-BACA-5A3811F423A5.jpeg
Links where you buy it at?

Chris_FC1

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah everybody has their preference on what they like. I got it because it was more aggressive looking compared to an OEM bumper. I personally love OEM parts because they fit way better and you know it’s a genuine Honda part. One day if they make cut off fenders like Tracklifecomposites it will look like it fits.
To buy that bumper there’s no link but to go on Instagram or Facebook and look for six_degree_carbon. They have a WhatsApp and that will be the best way to contact them. I would look what you are looking and screen shot it so you can show them. The set up I bought was the Type R bumper and the grille was the spoon style grille. Great combo in my opinion.

KingGio

First Name
Giordano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Personally I like the look of the bumper better than the sedan and hatchback ones. I bought mine off a member here. I don’t see myself going back to the old bumper.

26DFB9D5-78D6-43F4-B336-4B03FB25289F.jpeg

C37B9974-61C2-42DF-96DA-5C79BFE4B094.jpeg
Where did you buy this bumper off from?

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Where did you buy this bumper off from?
I bought it off a guy here on the forums. But ended up hitting something on the freeway and broke the bottom lip and bottom grill. I bought a replacement on on eBay. Around 330 dollars.

Si Stuart

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe. 1969 Karmann Ghia.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

KingGio

First Name
Giordano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I had it as my second bumper, if you don't mind spending the extra $50, I would say get the better fitment option (it comes from the same supplier as absdynamics).
But for under 300 this version is well worth it. The only issue is the fitment by the corners, below the headlights.
20200814_140649.jpg
20200908_184931.jpg
Would the better fitment option be abs dynamics?

Si Stuart

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe. 1969 Karmann Ghia.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would the better fitment option be abs dynamics?
Correct. Socal accessories usually sells them in shop if your are local and has them online, not sure why they took them off their website. But you can call and see if they have any in stock.

KingGio

First Name
Giordano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Correct. Socal accessories usually sells them in shop if your are local and has them online, not sure why they took them off their website. But you can call and see if they have any in stock.
Yeah I looked at abs website and they're currently out of stock, I already have a aftermarket grille so I was looking for an option that comes without the type r grille so I could save some money as well as me not having a need for the grille
Sponsored