Another Type R Conversion Front Bumper Thread......

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Where did you get them? Are they on an absdynamics type R style bumper?
Got them on eBay I believe they were around 90 bucks when I bought them. Most likely they are on a absdynamic bumper. I bought the front bumper off a member here on the forums.
Sponsored

JayDee

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT & 1995 Honda Civic CX Hatchback
Country flag
Yep 245/30. I am also sitting on an eibach 1” sport line drop. I do get a little rub when I hit an aggressive dip but for medium to soft dips it’s no problem. I recommend getting the Hankook set of tires, they really feel good on the ride!!!
i saw in another thread you said you’d probably end up getting 35 sidewall.. did u ever do it? I’m trying to see if i could fit 40 sidewall lol. 20x8.5 +55 wheels. Stock suspension 18 civic sport hatch ... need help. Really want 40, know plenty ppl that have bent wheels on 35.

Adamsvie

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic sport hatchback type R bumper conversi
Country flag
Personally I like the look of the bumper better than the sedan and hatchback ones. I bought mine off a member here. I don’t see myself going back to the old bumper.

26DFB9D5-78D6-43F4-B336-4B03FB25289F.jpeg

C37B9974-61C2-42DF-96DA-5C79BFE4B094.jpeg
What was the process of putting this bumper on. Didn't you have any issues with the bumper beam reinforcement??? Did you shave anything?

Redline007

First Name
Inigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic sport
Country flag
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-2019-...illes-Brows-Lip-Conversion-Swap-/401630265066

So my front bumper was damaged and i am strongly thinking about replacing with a Type R Conversion bumper. I really like the way is looks but I have some strong reservations on pretty much ALL Ebay modification purchases.
I do not see any other reputable companies offering anything like this. I came across the above link for a conversion bumper that has open vented mesh unlike OEM SI. I also have a PRL CAI.
So my concerns are:

1. Is this Ebay purchase going to be worth a crap? If I get it painted by a professional, will it be a piece that holds up and fit properly?

2. Should I be even more concerned with my CAI being MORE exposed to rain or splashed water because of the exposed mesh? I drive through rain all the time but never huge deep floods of water. Even if I did not get the exposed mesh, would the 4 holes on the sides be enough exposure to cause issues alone?

Can anybody comment on their experiences with CivicX aftermarket bumpers? The above concerns are the 2 main things holding me back from making the purchase.
I did this

Honda Civic 10th gen Another Type R Conversion Front Bumper Thread...... Screenshot_20210315-120913_Photos

SennaSempre

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic si
Country flag
My opinion is don't do it. People have been trying to get their non Type-R's to look like Type-R's since the dawn of time. I think it looks tacky to try to do anything beyond the red Type-R badge (which people even differ on opinions about) and maybe the spoiler. I actually just saw an si on instagram today with a full bumper and fender Type-R conversion and it just didn't look right. Maybe it was because I knew what I was looking at, but something about it seemed phony. This is all subjective to me though. Ultimately, it's your car and your opinion is the only one that matters. If you like it then go for it, if not, don't. If it make you happy that's all that matters. I would just make sure you see how it looks on multiple examples before pulling the trigger.
I understand what you are trying to say but I don’t agree with you. Cause the SI never came in hatch back. Although the sport did and I’d agree with that. But th fc1 and fc3 never came in a hatch that’s why type r owners are more understanding about it. Not all but at least the ones I came across
Sponsored