First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share yet another TSP Stage 1 tune experience \ review. For reference, I have had my 2017 Si for about 2 months and it has almost 27k miles. The car was purchased from Honda and it was certified used vehicle.

Only "mods" I have done to it is tint and resonator delete. Otherwise, it is bone dry stock.

Ok, so in stock form, I was already very happy with the way the car performs. Not blown away, but it was a very fun and satisfying daily driver. After getting Ktuner 1.2 and flashing the car with the TSP stage 1 tune, now I'm blown away. The difference is night and day in regards to power delivery, smoothness of the delivery and no more rev hang. I can simply just pass cars on the freeway with ease. It makes passing maneuvers more confident and so much easier.

I have tried all 3 maps and have settled on the 2nd map without sport mode as my go to day to day tune. In everyday driving, knock control is between .49 and .53 in all conditions, such as stop and go, street and freeway. This is with 91 octane fuel.

I don't drive super aggressive, but I do some 3rd gear and 4th gear pulls here and there when the road opens up and the difference from stock tune to TSP tune is very very impressive. No clutch slip on hard 3rd or 4th gear pulls at all. At this point, I don't even need to switch to map 3 and turn on sport mode. The tune is so good that map 2 on normal is all I need.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience. If anyone is on the fence with getting the TSP stage 1 tune, I would highly recommend it.
Sponsored

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Congrats on your new car and new power. Question, you speak about in your post Map 2 on normal, is this the Ktuner 19.5/23 map? Thanks

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si sedan, 2016 Honda pilot
Country flag
You really should consider using only 93, it makes a big difference imo. Congrats on the car.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Congrats! :thumbsup:

I remember your intro thread so you made an excellent decision with the Ktuner. I have been on map 3 from the very beginning, but I don’t push my car very much. One of the best mods you can buy! Completely changed my Si.

Congrats on your new car and new power. Question, you speak about in your post Map 2 on normal, is this the Ktuner 19.5/23 map? Thanks
Most likely it’s the TSP Stage 1 tune on map 2.

I believe it’s 19.5/21.5?

You really should consider using only 93, it makes a big difference imo. Congrats on the car.
Unfortunately some of us don’t have much of a choice :(:mad:

OP
OP
MoaRPowah

MoaRPowah

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
This is for the TSP Stage 1 tune. The TSP stage 1 tune itself has 3 levels you can choose from. Basically level 1 is normal power, level 2 is medium power and level 3 has the most power. You can select whichever one you want to use when you first turn on your car. It always starts at level 1 and you can choose level 2 or 3 if you want by using the cruise control buttons.

OP
OP
MoaRPowah

MoaRPowah

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Congrats! :thumbsup:

I remember your intro thread so you made an excellent decision with the Ktuner. I have been on map 3 from the very beginning, but I don’t push my car very much. One of the best mods you can buy! Completely changed my Si.

Most likely it’s the TSP Stage 1 tune on map 2.

I believe it’s 19.5/21.5?

Unfortunately some of us don’t have much of a choice :(:mad:
Thank you sir! And you are correct, it's TSP stage 1 with Map 2.

Ziaro7

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
If you leave it plugged in, at least for version 2, it will stay at the map you left it on, without having to adjust it all the time.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
If you leave it plugged in, at least for version 2, it will stay at the map you left it on, without having to adjust it all the time.
Yep. This. Then Hondahack to load ktuner tunerview lite so that you can monitor knock, air fuel, IAT, and boost easier.

Personally I have both Hondata and Ktuner. I have run all OTS maps as well as the MAP and TSP Stg1. TSP Stg1 gets my vote for best map. I took a friend for a ride and he liked it. He owns a CTR and leases a Si, both 10th gens. Both stock. He bought an extra ECU and had it jailbroken for Hondata on his CTR but hasn't flashed a map yet. I admire his self control. Pretty sure his name on this forum is bushfreakz.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
This is for the TSP Stage 1 tune. The TSP stage 1 tune itself has 3 levels you can choose from. Basically level 1 is normal power, level 2 is medium power and level 3 has the most power. You can select whichever one you want to use when you first turn on your car. It always starts at level 1 and you can choose level 2 or 3 if you want by using the cruise control buttons.
I have Ktuner and it Includes several tunes to choose from. From what it sounds like, if I buy TSP for an additional $80 I can select from more than one TSP tune, sounds like they provide several tunes. Thanks!

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
That is indeed correct. Best we can do here is 91, so Shell and Chevron only. Someday...maybe someday i can make the jump to some corn power.
You need to move to a corn state, Kansas, Nebraska, etc. cheap housing as well, not too many hills or twisties tho, but plenty of corn

OP
OP
MoaRPowah

MoaRPowah

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have Ktuner and it Includes several tunes to choose from. From what it sounds like, if I buy TSP for an additional $80 I can select from more than one TSP tune, sounds like they provide several tunes. Thanks!
It's only one tune (one file), but that tune has 3 selectable maps you can cycle through. Like others have said, it's pretty much the best tune out.

Voitage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I also just got my tsp tune after a year of owning the car and I'm beating myself over it because I should have gotten it so much sooner. Rev hang is mostly gone, the throttle response is so much more immediate, and that turbo lag is so much better. Honestly, it feels like a different car. For 450 bucks, best purchase you can get.

Like you, I've decided to stay in map 2. It's plenty for daily driving and I want to preserve my stock clutch as long as possible until there's a better one out there (looking at you exedy!!). I'd be lying if I said the first day I got it, I did nothing but launch at red-light haha could not help myself.
Sponsored