BlackbettyFk_7

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 hatchback sport
Country flag
Ok so I'm very new two tuning. I'm running hondata + 6 PSI tune. And I never had this problem before. But every once in awhile I get a knock or two or three logged. So my knock control goes up from 54.49 to about 58.20 afterwards. But usually it's sits steady at 54.49. is this something to be concerned about? What is the perfect number knock control is supposed to sit at? Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Knock control is going to move around but 58.2 is nothing to be worried about. Don't bother monitoring knock count if you are looking for actual knock, it is a misfire counter and an increment here or there is very normal.

OP
OP
BlackbettyFk_7

BlackbettyFk_7

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 hatchback sport
Country flag
The thing I'm worried about is that it never did it before. This just started happening a couple days ago. Usually k control would sit at 54.49 solid all the time. Just drove home now and the harder I pushed it. Not wot but accelerating, k control went down to 54.69

stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Modern Steel Metallic Civic Si
Country flag
The thing I'm worried about is that it never did it before. This just started happening a couple days ago. Usually k control would sit at 54.49 solid all the time. Just drove home now and the harder I pushed it. Not wot but accelerating, k control went down to 54.69
Bad batch of gas?

OP
OP
BlackbettyFk_7

BlackbettyFk_7

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 hatchback sport
Country flag
That's what I thought but filled up several times in the past week. Still the same

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
With Hondata, the lowest knock control you will see is .54 and generally you need to use 93 to see that.

.58 is absolutely normal and fine and in no way indicates a bad batch of gas. Knock Control fluctuates a bit depending on load and temps and other factors... all normal.

Last edited:

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
My knock control usually sits right at .49 but lately it has bee. Actually going lower to like .46. Been on TSP stage 1 for over a year and this is first time. Guessing it's okay....

OP
OP
BlackbettyFk_7

BlackbettyFk_7

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 hatchback sport
Country flag
With Hondata, the lowest knock control you will see is .54 and generally you need to use 93 to see that.

.58 is absolutely normal and fine and in no way indicates a bad batch of gas. K. Control fluctuates a bit depending on load and temps and other factors... all normal.
That's all I run is shell 93. This is the only time I waited to change the oil for a longer period too. Went about 4500 before it got changed. That matter any?

OP
OP
BlackbettyFk_7

BlackbettyFk_7

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 hatchback sport
Country flag
My knock control usually sits right at .49 but lately it has bee. Actually going lower to like .46. Been on TSP stage 1 for over a year and this is first time. Guessing it's okay....
When you say .49 does that mean 54.49?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
That's all I run is shell 93. This is the only time I waited to change the oil for a longer period too. Went about 4500 before it got changed. That matter any?
Trust me on this...

Don't sweat it. Your car is operating perfectly. Also keep in mind with a base 1.5T like yours, K. Control will rise quite a bit anytime you go over 5000 rpm. It's there to protect the engine. On the other hand, the Si does not exhibit this behavior.

OP
OP
BlackbettyFk_7

BlackbettyFk_7

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 hatchback sport
Country flag
Trust me on this...

Don't sweat it. Your car is operating perfectly. Also keep in mind with a base 1.5T like yours, K. Control will rise quite a bit anytime you go over 5000 rpm. It's there to protect the engine. On the other hand, the Si does not exhibit this behavior.
This is why I wish they had the si in a hatch lol. Thanks for helping put my mind to rest

Dwight

Banned
Banned
First Name
Delon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
Ok so I'm very new two tuning. I'm running hondata + 6 PSI tune. And I never had this problem before. But every once in awhile I get a knock or two or three logged. So my knock control goes up from 54.49 to about 58.20 afterwards. But usually it's sits steady at 54.49. is this something to be concerned about? What is the perfect number knock control is supposed to sit at? Any help is appreciated!
Does this happens when your flooring the car or just normal driving?