Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fiesta SE Hatch, 2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi everyone,

my first post on the forum!

Got mine 24148 CTR a month ago. Here it is:

Honda Civic 10th gen Another CTR strange braking sounds 57882248_10217680532021761_2920866103909416960_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1

Honda Civic 10th gen Another CTR strange braking sounds 57317253_10217634174102842_4686198744620728320_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1

The following day noticed a front left wheel metal-to-metal scratching sound upon braking and then, later that day, same but rotational sound all the time. Drove to Honda service, was told that the backing plate was bent, no big deal. That one was gone, but it started to sound like a garbage truck (see video) upon light braking, same wheel, not every time. Went to the service again, they said that "dirt has been left on the braking pad from the factory", cleaned greased, done. Next day, the sound is back.

Drove like that for a few weeks and noticed also a clicking sound at just touching the braking pedal at small speeds. All better to hear in the video attached. Drove to the service again yesterday and showed them that video.They did not figure out yet what is wrong, but they are going to change the rotor and the braking pads in a week (that pin thing that they need along)

Will keep you posted.

OP
OP
foyevtsov

foyevtsov

First Name
Oleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Alright, have been driving a few more weeks with the same sounds as in the video pretty much consistent. I even got used to:drive:by avoiding certain breaking pressure range for not looking like a garbage truck, lol. Got a call from my dealership service guys that the rotors etc. arrived. Dropped my CTR at the service today. It took for the guys about 5 hours of work. Got completely new sets of rotors/pads/caliper springs/pins on both front left and right sides. All covered by the warranty, worth of mentioning.

The engineer drove it for about 20-25 min around and reported no issues. So, I picked it up and drove it for about an hour since (getting to work, picking up, shopping). For now, I do not hear that horrible scratching sound from the front left. I do hear, I think expected, Brembo noticeable but a quite pad-to-rotor normal sound. I do still hear clicking here and there at small speeds, so I am wondering guys, do you have similar?

So far so good, but the set is still brand new, so I will keep my eye on it as it is braking in and keep you posted.

Honda Civic 10th gen Another CTR strange braking sounds IMG_20190522_160432

Honda Civic 10th gen Another CTR strange braking sounds IMG_20190522_160437

Honda Civic 10th gen Another CTR strange braking sounds IMG_20190522_160451

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Great services but 20 minutes with u not in it at testing ,now that i wouldn't with all the horrors stories on YouTube

OP
OP
foyevtsov

foyevtsov

First Name
Oleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Okay, another 1.5 months of driving after new rotors+pads change. The same noises were there the day 1 after the change, and always left front wheel. I was looking at it and these where come and go things. Sometimes the noise is very loud, sometimes is not present at all (always under braking, steering seems to play some role). Drove it like that until today. While a regular drive I hit a small dent on the road and suddenly the sound started to be very loud and rotational while giving me a hitting feeling on the wheel and the braking pedal (scary). I stopped, inspected, turned wheels left right to the limits. Drove further, okay, but after a block it came back. Three or more stops and I got to the Honda service, where they were so mean and not listening (they had this vehicle three times for this issue)... Somehow I made my way back home (2 blocks from Honda) and looking for a problem now myself by lifting the front, removing the wheels and inspecting all the joints. If I find nothing, it goes to that ..... Honda service on Monday

Last edited:

kaolinite

First Name
Casper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
brake squeal is normal. Theres tons of threads about it. Ive had my Type R for 2 weeks and does that shit every day when slowing down coming to a stop.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
This is a normal thing with the car. A different pad is a solution to the issue. However, if you don’t want to replace the pads, you can apply a little more brake pressure (~200 PSI or more) and the car shouldn’t squeal nearly as much (and not audibly from the cabin if the windows are up).

CW20038TypeR

First Name
Franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW type r 2018
Country flag
Brake squeal with brembos go all the way back to 2003 evo 8’s.....

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
I think one of those sounds is abnormal. There's two distinct squeaking noises, one with a resonant quality as if it's a thin piece of metal. sounds like the brake dust shield is resonating on something. maybe it's touching the caliper? bolts holding the dust shield loose? Seems to resonate with the normal brake squeal.

The clicking noise in the video that seems to happen in reverse or going forward is definitely a rock stuck between the rotor and the shield.
Sponsored

Last edited: