TurboNick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
So I've read and read and read but still can't decide what to do. My '18 Hatch Sport brakes finally started squeaking at around 100k. Do I turn the rotors and get kick ass pads? Or get the power stop kit with cross drilled and slotted rotors with pads? I drive for uber and want a good price, decent performance, and longevity. Are there better options?

Also, I usually do my own brakes, is there anything I should know before doing this? I'm planning on doing the ss brake lines at the same time.
Sponsored

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
I would not recommend turning your rotors, new rotors are often cheaper and will last longer. I am a big advocate for Centric blank rotors, they're a great option for something affordable with good quality. As for pads something like an EBC red is a good option for something that is only street driven.

Reactions: LBP

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I would not recommend turning your rotors, new rotors are often cheaper and will last longer. I am a big advocate for Centric blank rotors, they're a great option for something affordable with good quality. As for pads something like an EBC red is a good option for something that is only street driven.
I second the recommendation for Centric. They're my go-to for OEM and OEM+ replacements, especially their coated rotors since I live in the rust belt. Dozens of brake jobs for myself, family, and friends, and have experienced zero issues with them... Unlike certain other brands *cough*Raybestos*cough*.

OP
OP
TurboNick

TurboNick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
I second the recommendation for Centric. They're my go-to for OEM and OEM+ replacements, especially their coated rotors since I live in the rust belt. Dozens of brake jobs for myself, family, and friends, and have experienced zero issues with them... Unlike certain other brands *cough*Raybestos*cough*.
Yeah I'm on the south side of Chicago. Definitely the rust belt. Where's the best price for those rotors and pads?

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Yeah I'm on the south side of Chicago. Definitely the rust belt. Where's the best price for those rotors and pads?
I couldn’t say, but I usually just snag them off RockAuto for convenience. Don’t forget that there are ALWAYS 5% off coupon codes for RockAuto.

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m in a similar boat at 113k miles and needed to get brake pads + rotors replaced. I opted for ceramic brakes and duralast rotors. I don’t track my car or push it that hard and don’t see the reason to switch to a kit. To each their own though
Sponsored