Another abused Civic Type R test drive

CivicXCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Civic LX
Not sure if anyone has seen this video... makes me furious.

Sponsored

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
When I picked up my Si last week they introduced me to the Service Manager. I specifically asked him about how to "break the car in". He said that with the "new cars" no break in is necessary. To "go ahead and drive it anyway I wanted to". I guess that these guys believed that too. Problem is most of us, the buyers, don't.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I picked up my Si last week they introduced me to the Service Manager. I specifically asked him about how to "break the car in". He said that with the "new cars" no break in is necessary. To "go ahead and drive it anyway I wanted to". I guess that these guys believed that too. Problem is most of us, the buyers, don't.
There's a break in period in the owners manual. That Service manager is either talking out his ass, or trying to ensure business from you down the road (ie. repairs).

romulanvox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord CL7A JDM
Country flag
There is actually a thread about this..buddy lost his job apparently. crazy what they did.
The dude who lost his job was the one driving , or the dealer staff who let the maniac behind the wheel?

Skeegle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Ex-t 6MT
I actually made a thread about this because my ex-t had 64miles on it that I had not noticed before purchase and the avg mpg for those 64 miles was extremely low. Ultimately you hope Honda prepared for their first turbo release by having some prerelease miles/seating already. I remember Mitsubishi had to adjust the warranty period when their Evo hit the states due to the issues they were having from abuse.

Having worked at a dealership in highschool I was quite worried about my ext since as in with this video, it is usually the staff you have to worry about most. Ultimately you can't control it and I assure you many Si's, Type Rs and even ex-t 6mts have been dogged before you get to them.

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
The dude who lost his job was the one driving , or the dealer staff who let the maniac behind the wheel?
i believe it was a manager of some sort, possibly the one driving. Its all in the other thread tho. Not quite sure.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
The driver said "This mofo ain't worth 50 grand" mmmm...

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The best is how stupid those guys sound talking like "Bro's". Did anyone else hear when he said let's see if so-and-so wants to drive it? Sounds like he wasn't the only one beating the shit out of it.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Another reason to avoid the first batch of a highly anticipated car.
Sponsored