arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
It seems that Hondata cares only the Type-R consumers & don’t bother the 1.5T users including clarifying the 250 nm max torque of CVT user.

Let’s have a bit fun to an abandoned sponsored section.

CR-V and 1.5T Accord should be using the same CVT trans as they’re using L15B7. I’m not saying there couldn’t be any differences but I believe CVT trans should be the same.

I retrieved CR-V and Accord calI rations and found there is no warning the torque limiter section stating max torque of CR-V and Accord.

Interestingly, CR-V & Accord CVT max torque was 280 nm (+6 psi CR-V calibration) & 275 nm for the Accord 1.5t. CMIIW.

Could Hondata or someone in the forum provide some insights if CVT trans of CR-V & Accord is the same as Civic?

It would be interesting if someone in this forum can validate that the three cars are using the same CVT trans with no altercation to CVT parts. Hondata claims the max torque for Civic 1.5T CVT is 250 Nm, & Hondata persist that they really meant newton meter unit , not ft/lbs.

If the 3 cars share the same CVT with no altercation to the CVT parts, Hondata indirectly made inaccurate claim regarding 1.5T CVT max torque.

Hint : Honda dealership in my country stated the major differences between Civic 1.5T CVT vs. CR-V CVT was the turbo & engine tuning.

Feel free to jump in he discussion as the possibility Hondata is willing to provide clarification is really only 1%. Well...5% in a good day.?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Arnoldo, here's a good topic for you to read:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...nd-boost-by-gear-flashpromanager-2-8-3.15213/

That 250nm in the torque limit table is very confusing because that equates to only 184 lb/ft of torque. Yet tuners like Vit and now Derek have their CVT tunes topping out at more like 220 lb/ft (close to 300nm).

The confusion stems from the fact that the 250nm number in the Honda torque table is not the same as measuring torque on a dyno. It uses it's own calculation formula.

The CVT can handle much more than 184 lb/ft.

Last edited:
OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...nd-boost-by-gear-flashpromanager-2-8-3.15213/

That 250nm in the torque limit table is very confusing because that equates to only 184 lb/ft of torque. Yet tuners like Vit and now Derek have their CVT tunes topping out at more like 220 lb/ft (close to 300nm).

The confusion stems from the fact that the 250nm number in the Honda torque table is not the same as measuring torque on a dyno. It uses it's own czlculation formula.

Thanks @gtman !

I've repeatedly read the thread and found this 250 Nm thing is confusing. Hondata should mention in CR-V and Accord 1.5T Torque limit table that the limit of CVT transmission was 250 Nm, Instead, CR-V +6 PSI torque limit has 280 Nm highest boost, and Accord 1.5 T +6 PSI calibration has 290 Nm torque limit set.

I've asked this question in Hondata forum and Hondata team stated that Civic 1.5T, CR-V, and Accord 1.5T are using the same CVT transmission but Civic 1.5T owners should never set the torque limit higher than 250 Nm to avoid CVT damage.

This is really confusing. I love TSP Stage 1 but worry with the CVT and conrod. I can ignore the conrod issue in my country and move on if there is better explanation regarding the torque limit in Hondata Flashpro. TSP stage 1 has torque limit set higher than 250 Nm starting from 3500 RPM.

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag

The confusion stems from the fact that the 250nm number in the Honda torque table is not the same as measuring torque on a dyno. It uses it's own calculation formula.

I guess the 250 nm Hondata stated was on wheel, isn't? It would be equivalent to 350-360 nm on engine. ?

rednichols

First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRV 2023 (2022 USA)
Country flag
" Accord 1.5 T +6 PSI calibration". Old thread I know, but talk to me about this quote, please. What is the significance of the "+6psi calibration"? I ask because my OBD2 reader will show only to 6 psi (full readout for the vacuum which idles at 23 in/hg) but the power of the car itself is far above what 6psi boost would create. Mine is the L15BG Thailand FFV motor for which Wiki does not list a boost setting.
Sponsored