Annual Oil Requirement

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Arctic probably wasn't the right word, but the OP won't have -15 F temps in Long Island.
Hey there is still a possibility of that for one night this winter still!
Sponsored

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Lol what did steve get ban
Hey there is still a possibility of that for one night this winter still!
Is steve gonna remake this thread a 3rd time once he gets told to go a second time?

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Likely -15C not F.
IMO - If you drive the car more than once or twice a week and it warms up enough to have you turn the heater temperature down from full hot, you'll be fine using the MM.

CivicWhtEXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot
I averaged 3K a year on my IS350. Now only has a little over 30K after 11 years but I made sure to do an oil change once a year at the dealer. Figure paying $70 a year to maintain the car ain't too much.

ACG12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I am a very light user; only average about 5 miles / day or hardly 2K / year. Spec for oil change interval is so many miles, but once a year in any case. Don't want to bother with the change with only 2K miles, so thinking of maybe every other year or more. Thoughts ? ...
Don't go more than a year. At only 5 miles per day, you aren't getting the oil hot enough/long enough to get rid of any fuel dilution.
Sponsored