Android auto wireless support on 2017 EX-L

kruuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
Is there an update that supports Android Auto wireless on the 2017 Civic coupe? I'm having trouble dealing with the connected aspect.
Sponsored

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Is there an update that supports Android Auto wireless on the 2017 Civic coupe? I'm having trouble dealing with the connected aspect.
There isn't an official update yet. There're usb adapters out there that could work.

And then there's AAGateway which runs on a spare android phone or android tv stick serving as a AA gateway between the infotainment and your android 9 or newer phone. The initial release was free but the newer releases are paid. I haven't try any of them since I don't use AA everyday. https://forum.xda-developers.com/ge...droid-3-0-proxy-gateway-android-auto-t3813163

The AAGateway developers are also selling a standalone unit that goes for $55. Target release date is Dec 2020. www.indiegogo.com/projects/aawireless

Last edited:

lyndean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
It will never work with the stock head unit, since it doesn't have wi-fi built in.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
It will never work with the stock head unit, since it doesn't have wi-fi built in.
The 10th gen has Wifi. But the Infotainment is probably too weak to run the latest Android that has Wireless AA.

But AAGateway doesn't require the Infotainment to have Wifi. It uses the Wifi on the spare android device (phone, tv stick, etc..). So the spare android device connects to the Infotainment via USB and to your phone via Wifi. There were talks of problems with Wifi won't connect automatically on startup on some devices, but if you have spare android device laying around, you could try the free AAGateway version and see how it works out.

Last edited:

lyndean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
You're right. The 10th Gen has wi-fi as far as receiving a signal goes, but wireless AA needs a head unit that your phone can connect to, like a hot spot. The 10th Gen doesn't have that.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
for running wireless AA you need 5GHz wifi which is not present in the infotainment system. Only option is to rely on the dongle which is in indegogo
Sponsored