Quack

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I've got a 2019 Si and a motorola (android) that I plug in to the USB dongle for android auto. Up until a few months ago, if I received a text message the android auto app would just pop up a notification on the dash touchscreen. A few months ago, the car's stereo started playing the default text message ring tone whenever I received a text. I'm guessing I inadvertently changed a setting either on the car or the phone, but haven't been able to find it. Any idea how I can mute the ring tone when I receive a text message? Thanks
Sponsored

r_rated_ctr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Was probably part of the switch over to the new interface? Try switching back to the old way if you have the new one set.

OP
OP

Quack

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Was probably part of the switch over to the new interface? Try switching back to the old way if you have the new one set.
Sorry...not sure what you mean by "new interface". Did we get an upgrade to the dashboard touchscreen recently?

r_rated_ctr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Go to settings on your phone. The very first option is try the new android auto. If it's on, turn if off to go back to the old style and see if that works. Sorry, I'm not in my car to try it out. But I know I switched mine to the new style a few months ago and mine started playing through the radio as well. You had the option to try it out before they forced everyone into the new style.

OP
OP

Quack

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Go to settings on your phone. The very first option is try the new android auto. If it's on, turn if off to go back to the old style and see if that works. Sorry, I'm not in my car to try it out. But I know I switched mine to the new style a few months ago and mine started playing through the radio as well. You had the option to try it out before they forced everyone into the new style.
Ah ok...I see it. I'll switch it over and give it a try later. Thanks.

OP
OP

Quack

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Ah ok...I see it. I'll switch it over and give it a try later. Thanks.
Damn didn't work...still got the unending motorola "hello moto" ringtone that could only be switched off by unplugging the phone.

r_rated_ctr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Sorry. That's the only thing I could think of. They must have done an update that changed it

Xavier34

First Name
xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range rover
Country flag
As far as I'm concerned the version of your app will be old so you must be having this problem because a few days ago I had this problem. I also checked by installing and updating my app but my problem was not solved then I searched a lot on the net and found a modified version at here of this app which solved my problem.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wish mine would do one or the other, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes i get my email notifications through the speakers, sometime no sound at all, just the music I'm listening to drops when something comes in.
Also, I've never been able to get my ringtone on the phone to work, despite setting it that way, I just get the standard ring when receiving a call.
Sponsored