amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
The last few days I have been having some sound issues, where when I plug in my Pixel into the USB to use Waze the sound will fade in and out. The same if I use the radio while using Waze. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting my phone, restarting the car and restarting my phone. Is anyone else having this issue, and could be related to a recent update? Disconnecting my phone from USB makes the sound issue go away for the radio
Sponsored

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
If your having issues with AA, I found that the update that occurred in October messed up a lot of functions.

If you search APKmirror on Google you will be able to install a previous older version. I found the August 2018 version worked perfect for me.

Civicguy1206

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-L Hatchback HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly why I don't use android auto. It sucks.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Exactly why I don't use android auto. It sucks.
Android Auto has worked very well until this last update. I've been using it since June. Once in awhile I will have to reboot my phone, but other than that, once they fix this issue I will go back to loving it...until they break it again

Civicguy1206

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-L Hatchback HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Android Auto has worked very well until this last update. I've been using it since June. Once in awhile I will have to reboot my phone, but other than that, once they fix this issue I will go back to loving it...until they break it again
Personally, I don't like it. If you don't play music through it while using it, the steering wheel controls don't work for changing songs. I can play my playlists using Google music, but it's more steps than just allowing Black Player to start automatically.

SloPoke83

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I was able to fix by turning off notifications for the waze app on my phone (it was putting up next turn banners on my phone at the top even though AA was running). I haven't seen any reduced functionality either...

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was able to fix by turning off notifications for the waze app on my phone (it was putting up next turn banners on my phone at the top even though AA was running). I haven't seen any reduced functionality either...
Thanks for the tip

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
BTW, that worked! After disabling notifications in Waze, I now have volume control back. Also the sound fading is gone and everything is normal

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thought it was just me!
what I found that worked when AA 'talked' to me to give me directions (and the music didn't come back), was to hit the 'talk to google' button on the wheel, then cancel it...music came back

can't wait for this fix!
Sponsored