BataviaJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Android Auto usually works for me. However sometimes my phone screen has the message "Swipe up to unlock" and I can't use any function. So I swipe up -- but the phone exits Android Auto altogether and loses connection to the car. I never get an "unlock" screen. Of course I open AA on the phone, but I get the same "swipe up" message. I circle around this a few times and give up.

I though it may have been a quirk with my old Moto G4, but I just got a Pixel 3a and it does the same thing. It's especially curious because it's intermittent, and I can't correlate the problem to anything specific.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Sponsored

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I think one potential fix for this is to try setting up Smart Lock to unlock your phone when it connects to your car via bluetooth.

I do not have this setup, but I have seen the issue you describe on rare occasion. Usually I just unplug/replug the phone and it fixes it.

OP
OP
BataviaJim

BataviaJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I think one potential fix for this is to try setting up Smart Lock to unlock your phone when it connects to your car via bluetooth.

I do not have this setup, but I have seen the issue you describe on rare occasion. Usually I just unplug/replug the phone and it fixes it.
Smart Lock is a good suggestion, didn't occur to me. I'll give that a try.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Be sure you have everything updated on the phone. I have a Pixel 3 XL and don't have this issue.

OP
OP
BataviaJim

BataviaJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Be sure you have everything updated on the phone. I have a Pixel 3 XL and don't have this issue.
Yes, I got the phone last week and it updated immediately to Android 10. I just checked and it's up to date.
I set up Smart Lock with my car so we'll see if that prevents the problem.
Sponsored