miketeg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 2k18 / DC4 2k1
Country flag
The weird thing is that it works perfect in the 2019 SI of my girlfriend, we the exact same cable.

So it needs to be a software problem in the headunit that is too old to work with the latest Huawai software
Sponsored

miketeg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 2k18 / DC4 2k1
Country flag
So...after few days without working, out of sudden, this morning, I plugged my phone an Android Auto worked again...

Go figure...

miketeg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 2k18 / DC4 2k1
Country flag
Still strange ! Hopefully that will be the only time...just bought the phone and I like it, don't want to sell it because of my car -_- lol

AllenA07

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L with Sensing
Country flag
I've got a similar problem. I've got a 2017 EX-L and a Samsung S20+. When I plug the phone in via USB it sets off a cycle where the phone and car struggle to connect. The Android Auto screen will popup on my phone for a second and then it will lose the connection. I've tried the millions of things suggested and nothing is working. I'm having the same problem with my wifes S20+ so at this point I think there is a problem with the USB in the car. I can't find much information on how to go about replacing it or if that is even possible. I contacted a local dealer on the problem and they quoted me for replacing the entire head unit which is far more than I'm wanting to pay. Plus, not like there are that many great 3rd party options.

At this point, I'm pretty frustrated.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Android auto will not start up when I connect my samsung s10 plus to the car. My s8 plus phone connected fine. I tried a new cable, tried going into developer settings as suggested by some sources. Nothing is working. Could someone please assist me?
Thanks
Sometimes it's a finicky fucker and idiotically impatient (disables itself if you don't connect your phone in time). On your infotainment system, HOME > Smartphone > Android Auto: Is your new phone listed? Is it ENABLED? If not, tap the label and choose to enable it. (you can also delete your s8 from the list if you want).

If it's not there, it probably never paired over AA. Be sure the dependencies on the phone are installed and running, such as Google Maps. Restart your phone. Try connecting the phone again over USB when the infotainment system and your phone are active (not in standby/adaptive display/black or blank screen).

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
I've got a similar problem. I've got a 2017 EX-L and a Samsung S20+. When I plug the phone in via USB it sets off a cycle where the phone and car struggle to connect. The Android Auto screen will popup on my phone for a second and then it will lose the connection. I've tried the millions of things suggested and nothing is working. I'm having the same problem with my wifes S20+ so at this point I think there is a problem with the USB in the car. I can't find much information on how to go about replacing it or if that is even possible. I contacted a local dealer on the problem and they quoted me for replacing the entire head unit which is far more than I'm wanting to pay. Plus, not like there are that many great 3rd party options.

At this point, I'm pretty frustrated.
This happens to be all the time when the cable is jiggled and slides out the tiniest bit. Have you purchased an aftermarket or non-oem USB cable for the car(s)? Oftentimes the USB-C connectors on modern phones just doesn't make pin connection well with non-oem cables. If you haven't tried yet, try the original phone USB/Charge cable and see if it works better. I was having this connect/disconnect/reconnect issue with a high-quality aftermarket cable and got it to stop doing that by pushing it just a little more snug to the body of the phone, but if you use the original cable as a test and it doesn't work, then yeah, I'd definitely think there's an issue on the car's end.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Usually doing a "hard reboot" fixes the issue for me with Apple CarPlay w/ an authentic cable, should work the same with Android Auto. Sometimes it just acts stupid...alot.

Demonface.24

First Name
D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport, 2013 Ford Explorer Limited
Country flag
My Android Auto sometimes randomly disconnects , no clue why, tried different cables and its the same thing. When I disconnect the cable from the device and reconnect it will work for a an hour or so and do the same thing again. So far I haven't figured out a solution for this issue.

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic ex
Country flag
My 16 has been an ongoing issue for 1 year now since I bought it in 2019, I've since then replaced the head unit and USB port, still nothing! My Honda dealership Honda Fairfield CA is having an engineer from corporate Honda of America come out to diagnose and hopefully fix the issue, and yes for all those wondering I've replaced my oem chargers more times than I can count enough is enough!

eagles13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
My 16 has been an ongoing issue for 1 year now since I bought it in 2019, I've since then replaced the head unit and USB port, still nothing! My Honda dealership Honda Fairfield CA is having an engineer from corporate Honda of America come out to diagnose and hopefully fix the issue, and yes for all those wondering I've replaced my oem chargers more times than I can count enough is enough!
Try turning on usb transferring once it's connected

Dr_feel_good

First Name
Dr feel good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic
Country flag
The fix that worked for me was to do a factory reset. You can find this under settings -> system. This will reset the entire head unit to factory default. Make sure you're outside because it's looking for GPS signal. Then i just plugged my phone in and android auto working perfectly.
Sponsored